BAC

Former Employee - Human Resources/"OD in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Human Resources/"OD in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Bank of America full-time

Pros

Strong process management! Often something you take for granted...their focus on six sigma/process management and minimizing variation results in huge efficiency gains...they are clear on people processes, procedures, roles & responsibilities...they even have many types of internal document templates that are fully branded. Again, seems like not a big deal, that is until you don't have this at all. Given their size, the fact they get all different lines of business to agree on many things is a huge feat.

Cons

Constant movement at the top. Seemed to have an "executive rotational program" like what we do with new interns....every 2 years a senior leader would be put in a totally different LOB and be expect to run it smoothly. Come on. This is OD/change management 101. Of course this constant churn ripples and causes 4-5x per year re-orgs. For you, potential hire, this means you will have a parade of bosses in a single year and therefore be in a chronic state of onboarding/proving yourself/building relationships with managers/adjusting to new managers... and where you really get hurt is in talent management because you will not be able to gain ground in your career as you would in a more stable environment.

Advice to Management

Use the six sigma expertise toward organizational design (and not just process mgt) - you have far too many groups that are over-specialized and can only do 1-2 functions...

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I had an awesome learning experience at Bank of America

Former Employee - Post Closing Specialist in Simi Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Post Closing Specialist in Simi Valley, CA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bank of America really care about their employees, and offer great opportunities as well as incentives to their employees; such as banking discounts, free gym member-ship, excellent medical benefit etc.

Cons

The one and only downfall I had with working at Bank of America was the commute from Los Angeles to Simi Valley daily, which after commuting for several weeks it wasn't much of a problem anymore.

Advice to Management

My experience with upper Management was very challeging due to the pressure they were under to pass their Annual Internal Audits.

2. Bank of America

Former Employee - Foreclosure Claims Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Foreclosure Claims Analyst in Tampa, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I found Bank of America an excellent company to work for. There training is an in depth and there trainers quite knowlagable and very helpful. Monetary compensation is in line with others in the Banking industry.

Cons

Bank of American tends to hire through outside sources instead of internally.

Advice to Management

I would advise that they look a the creative talent within their own ranks instead of outsourcing.