There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

GOOD PLACE TO WORK

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Brea, CA
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Brea, CA

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

They are very flexible with employee schedules and work shifts, Pay is decent, You work with good people(most of the time)

Cons

Very difficult to work and get promoted in other fields if you do not have the experience in the dept you are applying to.

Advice to Management

Help associates with their long term career goals, not just short term goals. Understand is a bussiness environment, however its ok to become more involved on a personal level to better understand employees

reviews filtered by
  1. Put in the work and get rewarded

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I worked at Bank of America

Pros

Ability to learn and move through different business areas within the Financial Institution arena. You are measured and judged on your results, perform and you will be rewarded.

Cons

Very large company and can be difficult to navigate. Speed to market on new and innovative ideas is slow due. Silo like organizations are not conducive to an efficient structure.

Advice to Management

Focus on the core aspects of the business and perform them at a best in class level. As goo as diversification can be, it can also be adverse.

Good benefits and good pay for now. Horrible time off policies, promotion policies and values

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Plano, TX

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

Awesome benefits coverage, good amount of time off, sick time, paternity leave and maternity leave policies include 3 months off paid. The hourly rates are competitive with other banks.

Cons

Very difficult to promote, it is more about who you know not what you know. Gaining a Bachelors degree in Finance is less likely to get you promoted than being buddies with a manager. As is my case. HR is very difficult to with and refuses to think outside the box in selecting candidates, I have spoken with numerous HR workers who have expressed the rigid selection process to me.
    time off is good but using it is another story, this morning I figured it takes on average 32 vacation or sick time requests to get one day which can be very frustrating. Taking unexpected sick time is counted against you, having 5 sick days a year unexpected can get you fired. Even with proper documention to support illness.
    Pay is competitve, but far below what countrywide offered for the same associates. Example my co worker makes $20 an hour and was hired with countrywide, I perform the same job and make $13.5, I was hired by bank of america.
    Management uses a ton of statistics to grade you, that is really their only job and is great at reviewing your performance negative and positive but very slow to do anything else like time off help, pay reviews, promotion and career growth counseling.

Advice to Management

Give your people some time off, raise their pay to where it is consistent in roles, catch up with the times in HR, people may not fit into your box and might still be your best performers. I have been a top rated employee for a while beating most statistics, 3 years in banking and a degree in finance and I can't get a position someone with 1 year in banking and no degree can get. WTF!
    Stop giving people the run around on the modifications and assistance, we helped make the problem and need to fix it.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America