Operations

I worked at Bank of America

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

not great all the time

Advice to Management

Great job

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good company

Current Employee - Vice President in Hopewell, NJ
    Current Employee - Vice President in Hopewell, NJ

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good working environment, work location flexible, officemate Friendly , work hour regular.

Cons

layoff will go with wall street stock market down.

2. My Branch Manager Verbally Harassed me!

Former Employee - Teller in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Teller in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Bank of America part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They offer great benefits. I was lucky enough to work with an awesome team and build friendships. I loved the 9-5 schedule.

Cons

They expect too much for very little pay. My manager was uneducated and acted as if some of the employee benefits were coming out of her paycheck. She refused to sign my tuition reimbursement forms because I didn't meet the 2 a day referrals- which didn't make sense because I was a part-time teller and was required to have referrals for the days I was scheduled off! So if I was scheduled for 3 days I needed 10 referrals instead of 6. It was impossible to catch up. The assistant manager understood that the goal was impossible and she did sign the forms. My uneducated manager did everything she could to make my life miserable. She was extremely unprofessional she once told another co-worker that maybe if she wore a little makeup her bf wouldn't have broken up with her. She would speak badly in front of customers in front of other customers. She threatened to fire me because of my referrals at least once a month. I ended up getting really sick due to stress and I had to quit. I NEVER complained to HR about her bullying and harassment when I should have. I honestly think that I could have sued BOA for what she did to me. I was saddened at the fact that she verbally harassed me in front of everyone and no one ever said anything, but then again they were all afraid of her. Oh, and she would rather bring in new hires than promote within. The only time she promoted a teller to a PB position was a young guy who she had a crush on. There was a Senior Teller there that had been there 15 years and she still had not been promoted! That's insane, I would have quit ages ago if I were her! Once a year we were forced to fill out an "ANONYMOUS" survey where we were allowed to rate our managers and state any problems....she pulled me in her office and said "I know it was you that gave me a bad rating".

Advice to Management

When you go on your surprise visits to the Banking Centers the branch managers call other branch managers and tell them you're on your way. I wish I would have reported all the misdeeds while I still worked there.