Bank of America

www.bankofamerica.com

Excelled in sales, and did the job of multiple people!

Current Employee - Teller  in  Sarasota, FL
Current Employee - Teller in Sarasota, FL

Pros

Very easy to learn, great family-feeling with coworkers within the branch. Management is helpful with coaching and constructive criticism, as well as being able to come over when you need help. Love my Consumer Market Manager, and really have a great relationship with all of those who I work with.

Cons

Branch I work at is severely understaffed, often leaving one teller to operate both the drive up and lobby during peak lunchtime hours. Also, sales goals change all the time, with the drive for more and more revenue. Also, being non-fluent in Spanish was a hard thing for me. My branch was the hub for all of the spanish population in my town, and many did not understand or speak any english.

Please give credit where it is deserved, and staff branches appropriately. Working the job of three during a work day and not compensating for the rate of three is not ideal.

Other reviews for Bank of America

I had a very positive experience here.

Former Employee - Teller  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Teller in Virginia Beach, VA

Pros

Very good training.
    Supporting manager.
    Transfer options.
    Promotion options.

Cons

Large company.
    Low pay.
    Part - time positions.

Have better scheduling.

Soul crushing culture

Pros

Pleasantly diverse retail branch environment. Co-workers were like family and very helpful. There are not any other pros to be found, period.

Cons

BofA is a soul crushing Borg. The only thing they value less than its customers are its employees. Each are just an expendable commodity to be fully exploited. BofA is constantly on the losing side of class action lawsuits brought against them from clients. They are consistently ranked as one of the worst company's in America. Management says it cares but it's actions tell the real story. They keep getting sued and lose billions. Their stock price reflects this. The current price is less than half it's previous high from before the financial crises. Today most other firms stock priced have fully recovered and making new all time highs. BofA is left in the dust because they are a parasite.

Beak up and sell your pieces to more respectable organizations.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!