There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Excelled in sales, and did the job of multiple people!

Current Employee - Teller in Sarasota, FL
Current Employee - Teller in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Bank of America part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very easy to learn, great family-feeling with coworkers within the branch. Management is helpful with coaching and constructive criticism, as well as being able to come over when you need help. Love my Consumer Market Manager, and really have a great relationship with all of those who I work with.

Cons

Branch I work at is severely understaffed, often leaving one teller to operate both the drive up and lobby during peak lunchtime hours. Also, sales goals change all the time, with the drive for more and more revenue. Also, being non-fluent in Spanish was a hard thing for me. My branch was the hub for all of the spanish population in my town, and many did not understand or speak any english.

Advice to Management

Please give credit where it is deserved, and staff branches appropriately. Working the job of three during a work day and not compensating for the rate of three is not ideal.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I want to work for Bank of America AGAIN!

Former Employee - Escrow Assistant, Foreclosure/REO Assistant in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Escrow Assistant, Foreclosure/REO Assistant in Richardson, TX

I worked at Bank of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like the fact that there are procedures that everyone has to follow.

Cons

I do not want to work as a Contractor, I want to work as a permanent full-time employee.

Advice to Management

Please hire me as I am a team player and a hard worker.

2. Good people in a tough operating environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of good, talented and motivated people. Customer orientation, and a real desire to solve problems.

Cons

Very large organization sometimes creates an un-nuanced operating environment, with employees' ability to exercise judgment occasionally limited. It has been a challenging environment for the banks, generally, which sometimes can weigh on morale.