Bank of America

www.bankofamerica.com

Bank of America was crazy and I wouldn't ever work there again

Former Employee - Mortgage Collections  in  Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Mortgage Collections in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

It's nationwide, standard benefits, community involvement

Cons

I worked in the mortgage area in collections. I did well, and made bonuses most months. When BOA does reviews they have "Meets expectations" ,"High Meets Expectations", and "low meets expectations." I would take 100-150 collections calls a day, and only got a "meets expectations" on my review. I was burned out on collections and tried to apply for another job within the entire BOA network, but the only people that ever were successful in getting another position within the company were the people that had been rated higher.

It was a rat-race and unless you are good at brown-nosing, you will never get ahead there.

make your employee reviews more fair.

Other reviews for Bank of America

Steady work and career opportunities in a suffocating corporate environment.

Current Employee - Sales and Service Specialist  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales and Service Specialist in Seattle, WA

Pros

There is always the opportunity to move up in the banking center until you top out at branch manager. The benefits are descent (even for part-time employees). You rarely have to work overtime as it is never approved.

Cons

Most jobs within the banking center are akin to a sweatshop. The environment is suffocating and corporate. Upper management often requires tellers read from a script for every customer. Sales goals are required of employees who have no desire to work in sales. In my four years at the bank, after working in three different branches and filling in at countless others, I never met a single person that wasn't trying to find work elsewhere or use their current position as a stepping stone to get out. Good people work at the bank because they are always hiring and the pay/benefits are descent. Most of these people will move on as soon as they can or wind up as "lifer's".

Having worked in sales and customer problem resolution at Bank of America, I understand why so many people despise your corporation. You are part of a systematic problem in our nation's financial industry and it show's in your company culture. My advice is to talk an honest look at how credit unions tend to respect their members and employees and see if your shareholders could ever be convinced to respect their business model. If profits continue to be your only guiding light you'll continue to fail as you have been doing since the housing bubble burst.

A good place, however It just got too big.

Former Employee - Team Lead  in  Beachwood, OH
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Beachwood, OH

Pros

Lots of good things, overall good benefits, work life balance.

Cons

Because of all the acquisitions made by Mr Lewis, the company now has to cut back to remain competitive.

Get it to the size where there no longer is a mandate to cut staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!