Bank of America

www.bankofamerica.com

Steady work and career opportunities in a suffocating corporate environment.

Sales and Service Specialist (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsThere is always the opportunity to move up in the banking center until you top out at branch manager. The benefits are descent (even for part-time employees). You rarely have to work overtime as it is never approved.

ConsMost jobs within the banking center are akin to a sweatshop. The environment is suffocating and corporate. Upper management often requires tellers read from a script for every customer. Sales goals are required of employees who have no desire to work in sales. In my four years at the bank, after working in three different branches and filling in at countless others, I never met a single person that wasn't trying to find work elsewhere or use their current position as a stepping stone to get out. Good people work at the bank because they are always hiring and the pay/benefits are descent. Most of these people will move on as soon as they can or wind up as "lifer's".

Advice to Senior ManagementHaving worked in sales and customer problem resolution at Bank of America, I understand why so many people despise your corporation. You are part of a systematic problem in our nation's financial industry and it show's in your company culture. My advice is to talk an honest look at how credit unions tend to respect their members and employees and see if your shareholders could ever be convinced to respect their business model. If profits continue to be your only guiding light you'll continue to fail as you have been doing since the housing bubble burst.

Professional Teller

Professional Teller (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great benefits, part-time has full benefits too Cons: Not many chance to move up Advice to Senior Management: Support good employees to move up Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

bank of america review

Software Engineer (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros: Not much of a work. People are very casual and… Cons: Pay is not up to market standards. Still use pretty… Advice to Senior Management: Start making people work No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Bank of America.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!