Bank of America

www.bankofamerica.com

Great Company

Current Employee - Compliance Specialist  in  Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Compliance Specialist in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Respect and Diversity, and Inclusion

Cons

Salary does not compare to peers in other banks

None

Other reviews for Bank of America

Very Good.

Former Employee - Team Manager  in  Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Team Manager in Greensboro, NC

Pros

BOA is really a nice place to work, team spirit is widely promotes. Benefits are very good. Retirment plans are incouraged. Salaries are on the high end. They have a set of core values that promote a nice culture. Managers are evaluated by their associates which "usually" weeds out poor management. In my case I received 100 percent associate surveys whsich means my teams were very happy with my management style. My Unit Managers style was very different than mine and I was actually terminated because of a minor oversight that occured duing a very difficult divorce. But that doesn't change my oppinion of the corporations. I enjoyed working there and I enjoyed the BOA culture. BOA strives to ensure employee, customer, and stock holder satisfaction. A very very dificult balance but the core values set the tone, my favorite retention of the the very best associates. I do not know of any other comapny that makes that statemen AND follows throuh on it but BOA does for the most part. My situation being the exception.

Cons

Customer service call centers are on the weak side. Resolving an issue almost always takes several deapartment transfers and/or multiple calls. In additon the customer usually receives misinformation because of the high turn over in the customer servce support area. My suggestion to all callers is ask the representative how long they have been with the bank and request a more seasoned rep if need be. Not always a supervisor because they are not on the phones and would not have the same knowledge as a seasoned representastive with years of problem research and resolve experience.

Fees are a con for BOA their fee structure is designed to create revenue moreover discouraging poor financial management. In my oppinion a banks fee scale should generate revenue but should also penalize poor finacial management to promote the better financial well being for the customer. Managers are strongly urged not to wave penalties if the erro was not the banks fault; however, most are BOA's fault for not "educating" the customer on the banks policies. The customer is most often educated by trial and error. If an account has been opened less than six months the manager should have the option of waiving up to three fees but also required to "educate" the customer on their policies. If an account has been opened for more than five years then three fees should waived. If the customer has multiple relationships then then the managers should have the authority to waive up to three fees with out question. Branch Managers need to be impowered so the customers feel like the bank mananger is someone of power not just another suit with their hands tied up in policies they have no authority to munipulate to service the customer.

Keep promoting the steadfast core values on all levels it really does make BOA a desirable place to work. Happy employees will always strive to make the customer experience a good one which it turns results in happy investors. Just my thoughts.

My Work (work from home) Employee

Current Employee - Senior Operations Consultant  in  Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Operations Consultant in Rancho Cordova, CA

Pros

Bank of America provides highly competivie careers for those who need to work from home to achieve life balance. Associates can earn anywhere from $35k to $100K+ annually working from home 90-100% of the time. In addition, you are still able to network into other positions within the bank and live anywhere in the United States.

Cons

Although I love the perks of working home home full-time, I am not too happy with the pay. I started with the bank in an entry-level position earning less than what I am worth. Although I was able to move up very quickly (less than one year), I have never been satisfied with the pay. In my opinion, the pay does not match the performance. I am also not too happy with the lack of opportunity to easily transition into other departments as a my work associate.

Pay employees according to their contribution to the bank, their degree(s) and experiences.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!