Bank of America

www.bankofamerica.com
  www.bankofamerica.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Good if you keep the right attitude

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Bank of America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

decent salary, monthly sales bonus

Cons

Always extra work but little to no extra pay along with it.

More incentives and recognition for the work done

6990 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

You have to make your own success

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Large amount of opportunity for advancement

Cons

Direct management doesn't allow time for self-growth or knowledge expansion beyond your function.

Don't say you will help employees grow and learn beyond their job function if that what they want and then set job targets which take a full day's worth of work to achieve. ("We will help you grow when you have available time but there will never be available time if you want to meet your quotas")

Rewarding but frustrating

Former Employee - Mortgage Processor in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Mortgage Processor in San Jose, CA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Like most reviews I see. I really liked the people I worked with for the most part. When you are face to face with someone on a daily basis you learn to compromise, collaborate, and produce results. I learned great information around mortgage and what it takes to get through that process and how the various components impact a home purchase.

Cons

1 year waiting period before able to have any matching to 401K. Training and development is extremely frustrating. Lots of time and energy spent on a rather disjointed and almost useless information. At least in the way it is facilitated. Expectations unreal based on high pipeline with old tools and software. Tools and issues are a know issue yet nothing seems to be pressing to resolve the issue to assist in better productivity and client satisfaction. Conflicting information between how the client is informed and how they are actually treated in regards to expectations and process.

I believe management could better endorse ideas and feedback from those in the processing position, to the areas of training and development. Also implement consistent across the board to reduce confusion and conflicts in how the process is to be best completed.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America