There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Lots of potential for upward mobility if aligned with a good mentor.

Former Employee - Trust Associate
Former Employee - Trust Associate

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Generous education budget, best-in-class working conditions. This institution attracts well educated, tenured talent. Take advantage of internal course offerings and reimbursement for continuing education and financial designations. Well developed and conceived roles within each of the departments. Ample opportunity to broaden skill set through cross training opportunities which arise from time to time.

Cons

Easy to get buried in minutiae, bureaucratic architecture in some departments. It pays to do your homework and research any position which you may consider interviewing for, whether internal or external. Roles within certain departments may decentralize or restructure with little to no notice and you can find yourself looking over your shoulder. Operational roles are subject to frequent and unexpected restructure.

Advice to Management

Back office procedures need streamlining and consolidation.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Work for BOA for many years

Former Employee - Teller, Personal Banker, Sss Assistant Manager in Naples, FL
    Former Employee - Teller, Personal Banker, Sss Assistant Manager in Naples, FL

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The bank has a lot of benefits, They help my son with a schoolarship in order to go to university of Florida. Also they help you out with schoolarship for employees if you would like to keep going to school. Other benefits are Medical, Dental, vision 401k etc. etc.

Cons

I work for this bank for many years, I hold different possitions with them I was a teller, Personal Banker, Assistant manager Sales and Service Specialist. when I was producing everybody was happy with me they wanted to clone me to get more of me hahahaha. They use you while they can and they bye bye..I was very good in customer service and sales. In the begining I really enjoyed my job because it was not that demanding, I treated my customers really well because it wasn't the preasure for goals..After a few years everything became a nightmare micromanaging us it was horrible. Now it is impossible to work for them, I got sick just thinking about how can I make my goals, I did not sleep I could think anymore. I was moved to three branches before they let me go. Bank of America was not fair with me. After 20+ years one day after I was writing up for everything small things they told me I could not work for that bank anymore. I think at this time BOA only think about $$$$$$ customer are a number and the employees also a #### numbers. I will only recommend to work there people that really can handle high preasure and please see a doctor before you start and you ll see how your results are after a year of woriking for them...Sorry BOA you are so big that you don't care about anything just to make money.

Advice to Management

CEO more consideration for the employees please..

2. Good Benefits-Everyone does sales

Former Employee - Personal Financial Specialist in Beverly Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Personal Financial Specialist in Beverly Hills, CA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, some upward mobility

Cons

Stressful, and sales are the number one priority