Typical "Sales" Teller Position

Former Employee - Teller  in  Boston, MA
Former Employee - Teller in Boston, MA

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free accounts. (Our branch had) a diverse, multicultural environment & supportive, enjoyable coworkers. Promotes from within.. many opportunities. Educational opportunities. Paid "volunteer" day. It was a good job to work around my college schedule as well.

Cons

Constant sales pressure with goals that were excessive. Constantly having to deal with customer frustration of BOA policies, illegal mortgage issues, excessive fees, sales pitches, etc, etc. Minimal appreciation for those on staff (such as myself) with extensive experience. In my previous experience with other banks, I was responsible for management, overrides, checks, & approvals up to $500,000. With BOA...we all were reduced to $1000..Sigh. A constant need for overrides seriously impacts quality CS & breeds employee dissatisfaction. Your lack of faith in those of us who excelled & tried to push this company forward in a positive way was a big part of why I left.

Please refer to the cons section

Other Reviews for Bank of America

Solid work experience but the layoff culture got old fast.

I worked at Bank of America full-time

Pros

Outstanding exposure to credit risk management, professional and sharp staff.

Cons

Certain senior managers built careers on buying banks, laying off staff and growing profits. This created an impersonal culture which devalued experienced staff, becoming corrosive at times.

Good employer

Current Employee - Team Leader  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, 4 weeks vacation onde you hit a H5 rank. A lot of intracompany learnimg courses to assist in advancing or changing your career.

Cons

Lower pay and a lot of hard work. Benefits are good, but once you surpass $50k benefits cost really increase regardless of how much above $50k.

Review benefits cost for more evenly dispersed.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!