Bank of America

Excellent benefits for families

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

I have been working at Bank of America full-time

Pros

Child care reimbursement up to about $2800 per year per child if using a formal day care provider. This money is tax free up to $5000. If you have a couple kids and must use a daycare this is an unbelievable benefit. Also 3 month paid paternity leave.

Cons

Constant sales pressure; however the goals are not unreasonable. Employee turnover is reasonably high at banking branches. Branches being closed every year reducing the amount of management positions available as displaced managers are relocated. Health insurance provider (Aetna) is mediocre, out of pocket costs are too high. There are HSA programs to help with this somewhat.

Keep closer tabs and hold accountability on market managers. I have had engaging market managers who proactively help the branch and others that just mail it in and hope branches they are responsible for make their sales goals.

7423 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Personal Banker

Current Employee - Personal Banker
    Current Employee - Personal Banker

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good Benefits. Training okay. Opportunities are available for advancement.

Cons

product pushing, they say do whats right but they coach every customer has opportunities but if you don't get a sale for every customer then you are reprimanded and forced out. Even tellers are forced to sell to every customer.

Not every customer has a need or opportunity, I have had customers that are tired of being asked the same question every time they come in. I really believe in doing the right thing for the customer so let me do it- you'll get the sale but it may not be with every customer every time..

Average Experience

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

Flexibility with scheduling. Great co-workers.

Cons

Management was too hands on for me. Also $11 an hour is way too low for the stuff they have us in charge of.

n/a