Personal Banker

Current Employee - Personal Banker
Current Employee - Personal Banker

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Benefits. Training okay. Opportunities are available for advancement.

Cons

product pushing, they say do whats right but they coach every customer has opportunities but if you don't get a sale for every customer then you are reprimanded and forced out. Even tellers are forced to sell to every customer.

Advice to Management

Not every customer has a need or opportunity, I have had customers that are tired of being asked the same question every time they come in. I really believe in doing the right thing for the customer so let me do it- you'll get the sale but it may not be with every customer every time..

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. i had the job in 2008-2010 in financial downturn, was a disaster

Former Employee - Teller in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Teller in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Bank of America part-time (More than a year)

Pros

workday never finished after 5 pm

Cons

sensitive customer information is available to unhappy underpaid/ low quialified employees

Advice to Management

I have seen caravans of people hired and fired in consumer banking. Advice would be to start caring about your company's reputation.

2. Company does not care about their associates OR their customers. Management just cares about themselves

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are the only good thing about this company

Cons

There is no help for associates and now all the team lead positions have been eliminated!! Quality metrics are too harsh and quality reps just look for errors to give lower scores.. The customer is not the top priority... the top priority is to give associates low scores so they can go on corrective action and be fired...The associates with tenure, perfect attendance, and excellent at their jobs are severed so new hires can come in make a lot less money.. How is this even fair!!! Terrible bank to work for and it will only get worse!!! Glad I am out of there and now hear from associates how stressed they all are and how unhappy they are as well

Advice to Management

My advice for management?? Management needs to sit down and deal with the calls from the customers and get quality reviewed like everyone else, work cases as well.. They are the first ones to change the quality metrics and they refuse to take any calls or work the cases.. You know why? They have no clue what the associates deal with and how hard the jobs are to do with the so called rules! When positions are posted, it is already decided who will get the jobs..so why waste anyone's time by posting jobs??