Bank of America

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Personal Banker

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Personal Banker in Miami, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity for growth is great

Cons

The pay is low for banking

7161 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

I enjoyed working for the bank but not so much for my manager.

Former Employee - Vice President in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Vice President in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The compensation was competitive and the hours, when not in an emergency reactive mode, were fine.

Cons

My manager lacked people skills and tact, which made the job less enjoyable.

Hire real people managers with actual management skills.

Terrible place to work

Former Employee - Banking Center Manager
    Former Employee - Banking Center Manager

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are no Pros that make up for the bad stuff that goes on with this company!

Cons

They under-staff their banking centers which results in poor customer service. Their managers will berate and belittle you, even when you reach your goals it is not considered good enough. This company is the most horrible place I have ever worked at! This company's managers will tell you to do something and then yell at you for doing it. I will never forget their BCCR board and how you get dinged on your audit if it isn't signed, but if you make the employee do their jobs it is considered unethical because they were coerced to sign the board. The customers are always angry at the way BOA treats them, and the company sends out customer satisfaction calls that really have nothing to do with the service of the employee, but on the company as a whole. The employee will be judged based off of this survey that really does not represent their work ethics. As a whole, if you are thinking about working for this company I wouldn't suggest it. So many good employees have been screwed by this company! Not only that, but I know several people who have had to go on FMLA because of the stress this company places on its employees!

When you constantly up the ante of your employee's goals, it causes a negative impact. Every single time an employee reached a goal, you sent out recognition and then asked them why they were not doing more. You ruin people's lives doing this! You have to let people succeed in their job as it will give them more incentive to do well. Also, I would watch your middle management as I know for a fact they tell their bank managers to do unethical things to pass audits and get their scores up.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America