There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Cons outweigh the pros

Former Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Plainfield, NJ
Former Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Plainfield, NJ

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great benefits (after 30 days). health, vision, dental, 401k, life. free bank account. good pay. room for advancement. reasonable paid sick/ vacation time. busy/ fast paced. kept you busy.

Cons

the branch that i worked for was very cliquey. management didn't do much but sit in the office, talk and drink coffee. they were in and out whenever they wanted while on the clock. the branch where I worked had no a/c and we were not allowed to take off our suit jackets. I was dying of thirst and felt sick, I was not allowed to go across the street to buy water. I dealt with this problem every summer. Higher management did NOTHING to help the situation. They often ask you to stay late and come in early. Whenever higher management comes to visit the branch they smile in your face and complain and criticize you to your manager about any little thing.

6754 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

High pressure sales environment

Former Employee - Banking Center Manager in Frankenmuth, MI
    Former Employee - Banking Center Manager in Frankenmuth, MI

I worked at Bank of America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Very large company allows for advancement potential and relocation throughout the world.

Cons

Very high pressure sales. Management cares far more about selling than the business of banking and operational excellence. Extreme micromanagement from upper level managers.

Train managers in the banking business and worry less about hiring salesman.

Flexible work conditions, underpaid, at times - over worked

Current Employee - Process Design Consultant I in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Process Design Consultant I in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Life work balance. Often working from home is no problem as well as adjusting hours during the week to accommodate personal commitments as long as there is no business need conflict. This is hugely important to a working parent.

Cons

PAY! Raises are minimal and bonus is small.

Constant change leaves management ill equipped to properly prepare associates. Often due to impromptu changes, associates scramble to adjust and then are penalized.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America