There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Cons outweigh the pros

Former Employee - Sales & Service Specialist  in  Plainfield, NJ
Former Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Plainfield, NJ

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

great benefits (after 30 days). health, vision, dental, 401k, life. free bank account. good pay. room for advancement. reasonable paid sick/ vacation time. busy/ fast paced. kept you busy.

Cons

the branch that i worked for was very cliquey. management didn't do much but sit in the office, talk and drink coffee. they were in and out whenever they wanted while on the clock. the branch where I worked had no a/c and we were not allowed to take off our suit jackets. I was dying of thirst and felt sick, I was not allowed to go across the street to buy water. I dealt with this problem every summer. Higher management did NOTHING to help the situation. They often ask you to stay late and come in early. Whenever higher management comes to visit the branch they smile in your face and complain and criticize you to your manager about any little thing.

6448 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

High pressure sales environment

Former Employee - Banking Center Manager  in  Frankenmuth, MI
    Former Employee - Banking Center Manager in Frankenmuth, MI

I worked at Bank of America full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Very large company allows for advancement potential and relocation throughout the world.

Cons

Very high pressure sales. Management cares far more about selling than the business of banking and operational excellence. Extreme micromanagement from upper level managers.

Train managers in the banking business and worry less about hiring salesman.

Getting Stronger

Current Employee - Vice President
    Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competitive products for clients, very open to using technology to improve associates job processes as well as client accessibility

Cons

Consumer LOB is still focused on widget pushing. They are not given any business acumen to allow them to see the why behind what they are supposed to be doing. This is a direct reflection of their middle management.

Spend time developing talent within the Consumer LOB instead of hiring ex-retail employees with no college education. Customers expect the people who handle their money to have some idea of what is happening in the business world not to just spout the lines they have been given. When the consumer segment is elevated to the level of the rest of the company, it will be unstoppable.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!