Bank of America

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Cons outweigh the pros

Former Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Plainfield, NJ
Former Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Plainfield, NJ

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than a year)

Pros

great benefits (after 30 days). health, vision, dental, 401k, life. free bank account. good pay. room for advancement. reasonable paid sick/ vacation time. busy/ fast paced. kept you busy.

Cons

the branch that i worked for was very cliquey. management didn't do much but sit in the office, talk and drink coffee. they were in and out whenever they wanted while on the clock. the branch where I worked had no a/c and we were not allowed to take off our suit jackets. I was dying of thirst and felt sick, I was not allowed to go across the street to buy water. I dealt with this problem every summer. Higher management did NOTHING to help the situation. They often ask you to stay late and come in early. Whenever higher management comes to visit the branch they smile in your face and complain and criticize you to your manager about any little thing.

7440 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Great flexibility, always have feeling of change, and not always for the better.

I have been working at Bank of America full-time

Pros

Flexible work arrangement, can work from home when needed. Enjoy the people I work with, can have exposure to senior mgmt. Pay and benefits are hard to beat!

Cons

Constant change, to the point of never feeling settled in what you are doing. Always a feeling of change for the worse, rumors, hard to get the truth about what is going on. Always feel rushed and asked for changes at 5:30pm for the next morning. Never have a routine.

Seems like a good place to work but......

Current Employee - Call Center in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Call Center in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have heard the benefits are great but I have not been here long enough to enjoy them. The salary is one of the best I have experienced but I am concerned about selling since it seems like if you don't sell you don't work here.

Cons

The training has left me cold. It appears to be thorough at first when you are spending time in the classroom but once you hit the floor they seem to let you flounder with inadequate support. I am very disappointed.

Be more consistent, provide more shadowing and training and update the computer system.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America