Cons outweigh the pros

Former Employee - Sales & Service Specialist  in  Plainfield, NJ
Former Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Plainfield, NJ

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

great benefits (after 30 days). health, vision, dental, 401k, life. free bank account. good pay. room for advancement. reasonable paid sick/ vacation time. busy/ fast paced. kept you busy.

Cons

the branch that i worked for was very cliquey. management didn't do much but sit in the office, talk and drink coffee. they were in and out whenever they wanted while on the clock. the branch where I worked had no a/c and we were not allowed to take off our suit jackets. I was dying of thirst and felt sick, I was not allowed to go across the street to buy water. I dealt with this problem every summer. Higher management did NOTHING to help the situation. They often ask you to stay late and come in early. Whenever higher management comes to visit the branch they smile in your face and complain and criticize you to your manager about any little thing.

Other Reviews for Bank of America

Flexible work conditions, underpaid, at times - over worked

Current Employee - Process Design Consultant I  in  Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Process Design Consultant I in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Life work balance. Often working from home is no problem as well as adjusting hours during the week to accommodate personal commitments as long as there is no business need conflict. This is hugely important to a working parent.

Cons

PAY! Raises are minimal and bonus is small.

Constant change leaves management ill equipped to properly prepare associates. Often due to impromptu changes, associates scramble to adjust and then are penalized.

i have the opportunity for exposure to lots of different technologies but the whole experiences is less than fulfilling.

Current Employee - Architect  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Architect in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Bank of America as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Vacations are plentiful as well as the individual holidays and pay is not that bat too. Because I am a contractor i can only work 40 hours so my work/life balance is great.

Cons

The culture is one that makes it okay, for those who have made it to a particular level, to run people over and treat them as poorly as desired. There are people on my team who have been "MADE" and they can do nothing wrong even when they miss deadlines. Because I am not "MADE" i am required to not miss my deadlines and my ideas, in the past, were taken from me give to the "MADE" and credited to them as their ideas. The sad part is they didn't even refute ownership. Because i know my place now I offer no ideas and just keep my head down an doffer nothing but completed work on the assigned deadline. The work is very easy if you don't try to out-think the room or think you are the smartest person in the room.

Stop working harder for the sake of working harder and simply work smarter! it is okay to say no but just have an option to follow up the no with.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!