There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

No Loyality

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They treat you right while you are working but they decide to lay you off it's another story.

Cons

They let go of the individuals that knew how to do the work. As I was on my way out I had people ask me to tell them how to perform certain tasks before you go. They do not let you remove your personal items stating they will be sent to you. What they don't tell you is that the employees remaining will go through your former desk and get whatever they want. Management turns a blind eye to this. Items that you purchased yourself to perform your job that the company does not provide will not be returned. They will eventually send you a box of items but it is basically trash that no one else wants. Pictures of your children. The frame may be gone or glass frame broken. No packing of items. Basically everything that is left is thrown in a box. Do not keep or take anything to work that you want to keep. Do not keep anything at your desk that you do not want everyone to see. That includes items in locked drawers. Flowers or potted plants they are thrown in a box and are dead when the box arrives of your so called personal items.

I realize the reason that you do not want employees to pack their personal items is the concern that someone will take BOFA property. However, by the same though you have a duty and obligation to see that former employees get all of their personal items in the same condition as they were in when they were escorted out the door.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good but not efficient

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

flexible working hours depending on the department, a lot of learning oppotunities

Cons

get raise slowly, low bonus even with 'exceed' performance

2. Stay away

Former Employee - Senior Personal Banker in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Personal Banker in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They tend to pay a higher than industry average wage for the branch associates.

Cons

This place is ultra sensitive when it comes to any negative comments by customers or negative press. They are in the middle of serious cut backs as the current CEO is trying to undo the damage from the previous CEO. The staff who have been in the branch the longest are slow to embrace the change and tend to look at outsiders with a negative eye.

Support your best employees even if they are new to the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America