There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

I used to really enjoy working at BOA but in recent years it's been only doom and gloom

I have been working at Bank of America full-time

Pros

Great coworkers, good work /life balance they let a lot of people work from home.

Cons

Senior Managers only manage up, don't care about employees, don't reward hard work, other groups are very difficult to work with end result is nothing gets done and everyone spins their wheels. Managers only care about themselves and getting ahead. Very difficult to get promoted. NO raises in years and bonuses are a joke.

Advice to Management

Need to create a collaborative environment , show that you care about your team, Managers should talk to their employees more than twice a year.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. Mundane work, indifferent management, in hindsight I'm glad I didn't stay on board

Former Employee - Finance Management Associate Program in Calabasas, CA
    Former Employee - Finance Management Associate Program in Calabasas, CA

I worked at Bank of America part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Good pay -Good benefits -Large recognizable company -Hours aren't too bad

Cons

-My manager was neglectful, threw me under the bus when it came to discussions with my program manager -Hard work goes unrecognized -Not enough work, felt like I was just waiting the clock to hit 5 so I could leave -Manager worked remotely, didn't interact much with team -Felt like a number

Advice to Management

-Be a manager

great team, mediocre training

Current Employee - Personal Banker
    Current Employee - Personal Banker

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the team i worked with genuinely wanted to help each other succeed. aside from the occasional vapid squabble maintained good relationship. company is really trying to change its public image and treatment of customers.

Cons

mediocre training at best. more of a "run before you can stand" policy on systems. many employees are under educated in financial systems, terminology, laws, regulations, procedures, etc. any real knowledge must be sought out on your own.

Advice to Management

training should take place in a closed environment. learning through your mistakes on day one with a customer at your desk on things as simple as system navigation is not the way to do business.