Very bad place to work

Current Employee - Teller
Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at Bank of America part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enjoy time with co-workers, banker hours are great. The benefits are also really good.

Cons

Micro-management environment, little pay and a lot of work. They do not mind working you short staffed for months on end and still want high performance demands when you do not have the staff to even function. There is no employee empowerment at all. It is also very hard to get time off even for important doctors appointments. All they care about is making money, not about the customers or employees.

Advice to Management

Give your employees some empowerment and stop the micro-management style, it is not productive.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

great team, mediocre training

Current Employee - Personal Banker
    Current Employee - Personal Banker

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the team i worked with genuinely wanted to help each other succeed. aside from the occasional vapid squabble maintained good relationship. company is really trying to change its public image and treatment of customers.

Cons

mediocre training at best. more of a "run before you can stand" policy on systems. many employees are under educated in financial systems, terminology, laws, regulations, procedures, etc. any real knowledge must be sought out on your own.

Advice to Management

training should take place in a closed environment. learning through your mistakes on day one with a customer at your desk on things as simple as system navigation is not the way to do business.

Eye Opener On Corporate America

Former Employee - Mortgage Resolution Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Mortgage Resolution Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The rank and file were fine to work with as there were a lot of good people who were just like me, there to work and try to make a difference.

Cons

Corporations eat its own. Lack of direction, contrary policies, leadership that didn't lead. It was so disheartening to hear the bigwigs talk about how important we were to the company...right up to the point when we told that our jobs were gone and then unceremoniously escorted from the jobsite with no notice, no warning and not even a "thank you".

Advice to Management

It doesn't matter as I'm no longer with the company and they never listened to us when I was there.