Bank of America

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Very bad place to work

Current Employee - Teller
Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at Bank of America part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Enjoy time with co-workers, banker hours are great. The benefits are also really good.

Cons

Micro-management environment, little pay and a lot of work. They do not mind working you short staffed for months on end and still want high performance demands when you do not have the staff to even function. There is no employee empowerment at all. It is also very hard to get time off even for important doctors appointments. All they care about is making money, not about the customers or employees.

Give your employees some empowerment and stop the micro-management style, it is not productive.

6968 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Bank of America - Loss Mitigation

Former Employee - Process Support in West Seneca, NY
    Former Employee - Process Support in West Seneca, NY

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Worked with SOME nice people. The job itself was extremely easy.

Cons

All management levels on site were lacking in competence and common sense, not to mention education. The entire center's operation is a complete "What Not To Do" in management. I suppose common sense isn't so common. The hours/shifts are that of a factory, not of a banking facility. Going into work every day made my brain hurt, and not because I used it. It was because I left that place each day being dumber than when I arrived. The pay was bad as well.

Hire people that are competent and educated. It's plain and simple.

Worst company ever

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in East Providence, RI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in East Providence, RI

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay rate was relatively decent, but there was absolutely nothing else positive about my experience working for this company.

Cons

Management considered their employees to be replaceable and did not foster a good workplace environment. They did not care about the workers whatsoever, to the point of cutting off my medical insurance without notice while I was on a medical leave. It was impossible to move forward in the company without kissing up to everyone ahead on the totem pole. This was the worst company I have ever had the misfortune of working for.

There is no point in giving advice, since they refuse to admit anything wrong with their policies.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America