There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Very bad place to work

Current Employee - Teller
Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at Bank of America part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Enjoy time with co-workers, banker hours are great. The benefits are also really good.

Cons

Micro-management environment, little pay and a lot of work. They do not mind working you short staffed for months on end and still want high performance demands when you do not have the staff to even function. There is no employee empowerment at all. It is also very hard to get time off even for important doctors appointments. All they care about is making money, not about the customers or employees.

Give your employees some empowerment and stop the micro-management style, it is not productive.

reviews filtered by
  1. Bank of America - Loss Mitigation

Former Employee - Process Support in West Seneca, NY
    Former Employee - Process Support in West Seneca, NY

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Worked with SOME nice people. The job itself was extremely easy.

Cons

All management levels on site were lacking in competence and common sense, not to mention education. The entire center's operation is a complete "What Not To Do" in management. I suppose common sense isn't so common. The hours/shifts are that of a factory, not of a banking facility. Going into work every day made my brain hurt, and not because I used it. It was because I left that place each day being dumber than when I arrived. The pay was bad as well.

Hire people that are competent and educated. It's plain and simple.

Eye Opener On Corporate America

Former Employee - Mortgage Resolution Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Mortgage Resolution Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The rank and file were fine to work with as there were a lot of good people who were just like me, there to work and try to make a difference.

Cons

Corporations eat its own. Lack of direction, contrary policies, leadership that didn't lead. It was so disheartening to hear the bigwigs talk about how important we were to the company...right up to the point when we told that our jobs were gone and then unceremoniously escorted from the jobsite with no notice, no warning and not even a "thank you".

It doesn't matter as I'm no longer with the company and they never listened to us when I was there.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America