There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Ok Place to Work if you like the mega-corporation environment

Current Employee - Senior Analyst
Current Employee - Senior Analyst

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

My Work Program (flexible work arrangements - telecommuting). This is the #1 reason why I'm still at the Bank.

They support volunteerism by letting you do volunteer work on their dime.

Positive attitudes are a must and this makes for a good work environment

Cons

Way, way too big for my taste. Organizational structure and layers of management are too complex.

In some areas of the bank, they will eat you alive (if you let them) in terms of the hours you must work.

Too many meetings! Hard to get work done because of all the meetings.

Layoffs are handled VERY poorly.

Walk the talk. Do the Right Thing when it comes to having to lay off staff. Every termination I've known of has been handled very poorly.

6832 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Wish I could go some place else.

Current Employee - U S Trust Employee
    Current Employee - U S Trust Employee

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

Benefits are good. Best of any Fortune 500 company I've ever worked for. I previously worked for U.S. Bank and Wells Fargo. They provide child care assistance, health care savings, but I think medical plan is pretty expensive. Thank goodness for my husband's workplace. So far from what I've seen, they also provide a lot of training to their associates (but not so much for assistants such as myself). Only for officers and above.

Cons

Advancement, promotion, appreciation is poor. I have had excellent reviews for the past several years and I have never once been promoted, yet I have seen the guy next door who everyone hates and complains about how he never does anything get promoted over and over again. What's wrong with this picture? I am a woman of color, is that why? I have worked my ass off to save clients who have left U.S. Trust left and right after BofA bought UST, but I never get any recognition for it. I wish the job market was better, otherwise I would've been out of here years ago!

Quit trying to be the biggest bank in the world, and focus on quality. It is frustrating to service clients when even your own associates don't believe in the company and its products and services.

Bank of America....Great Place to work outside of my department

Current Employee - Investment Specialist
    Current Employee - Investment Specialist

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

Great company, many different job opportunities

Cons

No career advancement for series 7 licensed individuals

Look to hire from within the company. There is plenty of talent in house. Give people opportunities to learn new job skills and move from one department to another within the bank

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America