There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Great company to work in. I worked with Bank of America Home Loans.

Former Employee - MLO-Senior Loan Services Specialist in Westlake Village, CA
Former Employee - MLO-Senior Loan Services Specialist in Westlake Village, CA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company is big on their values and the leadership is, for the most part, great and easy to talk to. I enjoyed my job, it was something I knew how to do but kept learning along the way. My co-workers are some of the best people I know and have become close friends with many. This is a great company if you enjoy being around a positive atmosphere. It was not hard to move up if you are good at your job and have goals.

Cons

The pay isn't the best since there is other companies making better offers. Also the mandatory overtime sometimes can be overwhelming.

Just like any company, some managers are great with a true vision for leadership and the company, while others just seem they do not belong as managers. There has been cases where the managers actually knew less about the job than the employees. But luckily for me I was mostly under great management.

reviews filtered by
  1. Case Management Process Support

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Pay, Great Benefits, Good to employees, and Lots of growing potential / advancement. I had planned to retire one day with the company, and I am only in my 30's now.

Cons

Disorganized. One person will tell you how to do it one way, and the other will say something different. Everyone needs to get on the same page.

2. Run Away

I have been working at Bank of America full-time

Pros

Large corporation. Lots of room for promotions. Big name clients. Nearly impossible to get fired. Size guarantees government support in the case of emergency.

Cons

Bureaucratic. Little intercompany cooperation. Very little room for career advancement outside of a predetermined promotion schedule. Rampant favoritism. Poor management - from the top down. Far below industry comparable compensation.

Remove the barriers to innovation and pay employees what your competitors are paying. Look at overall contribution to company relative (including industry experience and client relationships) instead of just salary when making redundancy decisions.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America