There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Great company to work in. I worked with Bank of America Home Loans.

Former Employee - MLO-Senior Loan Services Specialist  in  Westlake Village, CA
Former Employee - MLO-Senior Loan Services Specialist in Westlake Village, CA

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company is big on their values and the leadership is, for the most part, great and easy to talk to. I enjoyed my job, it was something I knew how to do but kept learning along the way. My co-workers are some of the best people I know and have become close friends with many. This is a great company if you enjoy being around a positive atmosphere. It was not hard to move up if you are good at your job and have goals.

Cons

The pay isn't the best since there is other companies making better offers. Also the mandatory overtime sometimes can be overwhelming.

Just like any company, some managers are great with a true vision for leadership and the company, while others just seem they do not belong as managers. There has been cases where the managers actually knew less about the job than the employees. But luckily for me I was mostly under great management.

6513 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Great place to work if you want a career.

Current Employee - Teller Operations Specialist  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Teller Operations Specialist in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Ability to grow within the company, they love to promote from within. Great benefits. Associate oriented. Amazing resources to learn from.

Cons

Always changing procedures and expectations. Usually under staffed. Job expectations too much for the pay at the lower level of the banking center.

1) Stop scrimping on staff
    2) If you want stellar employees at the banking center level, you have to pay more. You can't expect CEO performance for $11 an hour.

Great company, although don't get to comfortable in one role for too long. Frequent lay-offs.

Former Employee - QA Analyst
    Former Employee - QA Analyst

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

My work (telecommuter) program is fantastic if you are eligible. I enjoyed getting to know people from all over as part of a remote team.

Cons

I worked for one manager for 5 plus years and never met him in person or saw a picture of him until right before I was laid off... I am a social person, so sometimes being part of a remote/teleworker situation can make you feel out of the loop.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!