Bank of America

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Personal Banker At Bank of America

Former Employee - Senior Personal Banker in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Senior Personal Banker in Seattle, WA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Really great HR team. Bank of America on the whole treats employees really well. Sometimes management is a bit questionable and it can be really political there but they pay well, and don't screw you over when you leave.

Cons

Personal growth: if you are good at sales they will keep you in sales even if you want to move into management.
Company values: banks are all conservative. The more personality you show the less happy management will be.

Care more about what the employee wants not what they are good at. Listen to employees for input for process improvements. Seek to be innovative by leading from the ground up not the reverse

7140 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Iffy

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

I love my co workers! Amazing people. GREAT vacation/sick time. Some of the managers are very polite and helpful. They dotake into consideration of your thoughts and feelings (IF you go to a supervisor)

Cons

I have been here a year and i am about to rip out my hair. I am in CMO (customer service) Rules change every day most managers favor and back stab i am there for 11-12 hours a day at a desk i cant get up from and constantly being talked to like a piece of crap by customers (should have expected that). I am ready to hit the road! Not to mention our "new manager" who knows NOTHING about his job is on a power trip, wanting us to make the big bucks to make him look high and mighty. I previously worked with drug addicts in pharmacutical, this is BY FAR the most stressful job ive ever had and it makes addicts look like a piece of cake. NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THEYRE DOING!! Its ridiclous how un trained the banks are when calling in to close customers accounts. Or when someone from a different dept doesnt want ro deal with the customer so they randomly trans them to you!! You do NOT pay me enough.

For the love of god, LISTEN to your employees, STOP the two facing and fix your lack of knowledge. Lay off the power trip because you could be out the door quicker then the person next to you!!

6+ years of service

Former Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Detroit, MI

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great health insurance benefits, child care reimbursement, tuition reimbursement

Cons

Selling products and services to customers who clearly can not afford them just to make the bank money is a low blow and shameful. Pushing the "Product of the week or month" is a great way to earn a quick buck and even faster way to loose any chance of return business

Stop pushing products of the week or month, listen to the needs of your customers and frontline associates. Find out what the need is whether now or future. Stop squeezing so much out of frontline associates without a fair incentive program.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America