Good Place to work in certain Departments

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to move up in the company, depending on where you start. In my case I started in a department as a customer service rep making under $24,000.00 (I was in the process of a relocation and needed to take something fast) , then got promoted to escalations as a Sr. customer service rep at $27,000, ending at $33,000 in the course of a 3 year period.(Increases based on performance such as quality, customer satisfaction, and additional responsibilities such as on the job training coaching.) My last promotion was for escalations in more of a back office environment where cases are worked independently, but customer contact is minimal while case is under review. Currently making over $40,000. I have been with the Company for less than 5 years.

Benefits are great. Option to purchase an extra weeks vacation. 5% 401k company match, affordable insurance, child care reimbursement, Free employee accounts with competitive interest rate advantage, Employee discount program, reduced rates on mortgage/car loans. Life insurance equivalent to your salary which you do not have to pay for...

Cons

If you work in customer service you will have your good days and bad days with the customer personalities. If you work in Escalations the stress levels are high as all customer's that get to your level are disgruntled. Unless you want to get into management there is limited movement up depending on what site you work for and the departments available at that site.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Job is pretty good, can't say the same for a lot of the managers though.

Current Employee - Production Specialist II in Simi Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Production Specialist II in Simi Valley, CA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is pretty good with little or no prior experience. Room to improve if you really want it. Paid time off, holidays, vacation and sick time are all definite bonuses. Employee discounts are also a huge help!

Cons

All offices are different but it feels like I work in a dungeon. Some departments don't offer bonuses and some do. Managers aren't always the best at managing but that could just be my location.

Advice to Management

Increase pay according to work ethic and not favoritism. Listen to employee's suggestions, they know more than you most of the time.

Be Genuine

Former Employee - Bank Manager
    Former Employee - Bank Manager

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and tools are available to ensure everyone succeeds.

Cons

Disconnect between consumer managers and Bank staffs......only about results!

Advice to Management

Remember to be genuine when you say you support your staff members. Truly it's only about meeting goals and not understanding who your people really are!!!!!