Bank of America

www.bankofamerica.com
  www.bankofamerica.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Pretty good as long as your commited

Current Employee - Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Bank of America as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

career growth- endless opportunities as long as you dedicate the time.

Cons

work - life balance, might need to expand this area more

listen to the ones on the bottom. The ones who actually talk to the cutomers on a daily basis.

6990 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

I didn't feel good about myself working there...

Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

BOA is a huge company and there are certainly many terrific people working there. Most of the people I worked with were as smart and pleasant and professional as anywhere else.

Cons

I don't feel that leadership cares about its customers. There was a sense that they had plenty of money to pay off lawsuits, so who cares what they did. While I was there, they had serious discussions about creating a new charge for all banking customers - to cover penalties they faced for their actions during the mortgage crisis - but cancelled when it became a PR debacle. Coincidentally, a family member applied for a mortgage while I worked there - not my department, I wasn't involved - and they strung them along, got them to pay a $500 application fee, kept them waiting for 6-8 months, and then turned them down.

It's an extremely political environment. If you're ever faced with the dilemma of doing the right thing or choosing a side, just be sure you choose the right side. Doing the right thing won't be an issue.

Because of the culture and environment created by leadership, not only would I never want to work for BOA again, I would never do business with them. If they offered me services, free of charge, I wouldn't trust them enough to take advantage.

Probably could have been a good place place to work if it was possible to get out of retail banking.

Former Employee - Senior Personal Banker in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Personal Banker in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits package. The paid holidays. Some of the people.

Cons

Young ineperienced managers who have no idea about human interaction and real customer service. Everyhting is a rehearsed answer, i.e. Per company policy and yet no one can quote that company policy. Sales stress! BofA tries to market itself as Bank of Opportunity... For who??? Not the customers, they want nothing to do you after you buy/sign up for their products. The employees?? You're only as good as your numbers. I was once scolded for not offering a credit card to a 90 year old lady who was in early stages of alzheimers(per her profile). Customer service is a joke. It takes over 5 minutes to get to a human being and then another 10 minutes of transfers and the problem still isn't solved. Not everyone is computer proficient or falls into one of 9 phone options. I worked there for 4 years and the recepient of numberous recognition awards. The change of market managers, banking center managers and the increased sales stress is not worth my health and state of mind.

Listen to those who are the "face" of your company. Tellers and personal bankers are your lifeline. Don't treat them as work mules. Note to upper management, When a market loses 21 managers and assistant managers in a 3 month period, its time for a market manager overhaul.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America