There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Bank of America has great benefits for employees. The perks are better

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant III in New York, NY
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant III in New York, NY

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The best reason to work here are the perks. Through their community and charitable contributions, I have met a Nobel Peace Prize winner, got paid to deliver food to the elderly, and walk some great dogs! If you're on a good team, life balance is amazing!

Cons

They really should be more competitive with regard to assistant salaries/bonus. As Wall Street companies go, other brokerage houses and banks pay their assistants better.

When you take over someone's company - you should be in charge - not them! We were a great company without Merrill, now we're Merrill's company.

6768 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for, great opportunities to move around, great opportunities to work with senior engineers.

Current Employee - Consultant - Systems Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant - Systems Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great work schedule flexibility, decent upward mobility, decent upper level management. Able to offer suggestions and ask questions about technology.

Cons

Very large company, can take longer for decisions to be made. Many different teams designing the same task simultaneously. Roles can be added without additional compensation.

Be sure you understand your job function and how to help the people below you.

Underwriter

Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at Bank of America as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Professional environment, good management. The training provided was excellent and although I was experienced I was given the tools to do more than an exceptional job.

Cons

At the time there were only contracted positions available therefore there wasn't much room to grow or any stability. Several of my colleagues applied for permanent positions within the company but were not successful due to layoffs in other areas.

During my 18 month contract I had 3 supervisors that were all knowledgeable and professional

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America