There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Great place to work for such a large company

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits, flexible work hours, ample opportunity for learning and the ability to move between departments after one year of service. Most peers are a joy to work with. The current CEO seems to be making progress with improving the company but has his work cut out for him trying to repair the damage done by the former. There seems to be a genuine effort to make the bank a better place to work despite the current economic environment.

Cons

Executive management is detached and separate from the mid-level managers and employees. They are mostly hired from the outside and typically last about 2 years. As a result, we're subjected to constant re-orgs and useless departmental name changes. Real organizational improvement is slow. There are a lot of inefficiencies and bureaucracy due to the many mergers and increased government regulation.

More effort needs to be directed to automating the infrastructure; there are way too many disparate, yet somewhat redundant processes in place. Software development projects need to be more completely defined and realistically scoped before implementation. The politics of building fiefdoms needs to be replaced with a common corporate team spirit.

6507 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Great Experience

Former Employee - Executive Assistant  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Denver, CO

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Outstanding benefits, the health insurance packages were incredible. The company has a great understanding for personal emergencies - I had taken maternity leave (12 weeks paid), and soon after returning to work my husband was in a major accident and on life support. BoA has an employee family benefit where they will hold your position in qualifying medical emergencies such as this, although unpaid (since my fmla had been used for the year). I'm grateful to have had such an understanding company and management team as a support in such a scary time.

Cons

Lack of career growth opportunity, feeling like a spec in a crowd.

Great opportunity for students!

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

The benefits are amazing. Health care, dental care and vision . They Also help you with paying for school. Its a great environment to be in. The recruiters are so kind and patient. They work with you and are very professional.

Cons

The 300+ repetitive question assessment, the long process to become employed ; It takes about a month for them to finish the whole process to get you permanently hired.

N/A

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!