Great Experience

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Denver, CO

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Outstanding benefits, the health insurance packages were incredible. The company has a great understanding for personal emergencies - I had taken maternity leave (12 weeks paid), and soon after returning to work my husband was in a major accident and on life support. BoA has an employee family benefit where they will hold your position in qualifying medical emergencies such as this, although unpaid (since my fmla had been used for the year). I'm grateful to have had such an understanding company and management team as a support in such a scary time.

Cons

Lack of career growth opportunity, feeling like a spec in a crowd.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. Underwriter

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Professional environment, challenging work, manager allowed us the flexibility to work with and assist customers and teammates. Good benefits. A wide range of good courses available on the internal training site which could be used for self improvement. Good teamwork.

Cons

The system was cumbersome and could be very frustrating to use; a replacement system is in development.

Advice to Management

Job training could be better; new associates need someone available to help them. It would be better if some hands-on training was available to go with all of the classroom training at onboarding.

The worst place to work

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Health Benefits are somewhat okay

Cons

It's just business because they simply dont care about a resource, human or otherwise

Advice to Management

Always consider the whole story and not just appearances. Appearances can be very deceptive and misleading. Watch out for micro-managers that cannot take time for their family even if they have a baby returning to work 5 days later. Do not fire your Leaders for such petty micro-managers because they can tickle your ears with false flattery. Someone made a huge mistake in laying off a leader and keeping the micro-manager who stated "I hate that team!!"