Bank of America

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Great Experience

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Denver, CO

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Outstanding benefits, the health insurance packages were incredible. The company has a great understanding for personal emergencies - I had taken maternity leave (12 weeks paid), and soon after returning to work my husband was in a major accident and on life support. BoA has an employee family benefit where they will hold your position in qualifying medical emergencies such as this, although unpaid (since my fmla had been used for the year). I'm grateful to have had such an understanding company and management team as a support in such a scary time.

Cons

Lack of career growth opportunity, feeling like a spec in a crowd.

7762 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Great place to work for such a large company

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, flexible work hours, ample opportunity for learning and the ability to move between departments after one year of service. Most peers are a joy to work with. The current CEO seems to be making progress with improving the company but has his work cut out for him trying to repair the damage done by the former. There seems to be a genuine effort to make the bank a better place to work despite the current economic environment.

Cons

Executive management is detached and separate from the mid-level managers and employees. They are mostly hired from the outside and typically last about 2 years. As a result, we're subjected to constant re-orgs and useless departmental name changes. Real organizational improvement is slow. There are a lot of inefficiencies and bureaucracy due to the many mergers and increased government regulation.

More effort needs to be directed to automating the infrastructure; there are way too many disparate, yet somewhat redundant processes in place. Software development projects need to be more completely defined and realistically scoped before implementation. The politics of building fiefdoms needs to be replaced with a common corporate team spirit.

Loan Servicing

Former Employee - Researcher in Westlake Village, CA
    Former Employee - Researcher in Westlake Village, CA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership, office culture, personal growth, benefits

Cons

Promations, Perks, overtime, commucation, location

Get everything i writing