Dissatified

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours and nice facilty

Cons

In Calif., to many ex-Countrywide staff hiring their buddies and family into Bank of America. Real bankers with experience don't have a chance in certain line-of-business due to this practice by ex-Countrywide employees. It's not what-you-know, but rather who-you-know and if you're a relative needing employment despite your career background. Very few Team Leads know their line-of-business that they are leading.

Advice to Management

BOA really needs to take a look what's going on in their West Coast loan processing centers and the knowledge of ex-Countrywide employees and their true colors to BOA.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Leaders Need Vision

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of challenging projects and focus on helping customers stay in their homes. Matrix organization facilitates expanding your network and seeing more of the big picture.

Cons

Healthcare benefits have been contrived to appear that it lowers costs, when it actually causes people to reduce trips to the doctor. Our family has put our health at risk by skipping Dr. visits that we should not have, due to the high personal cost.

Advice to Management

The existing trend of monthly layoffs without transparency is overtly negative. In addition to regular destruction of what has been built by extreme exertion and heroics of the workforce, it fills people with uncertainty. It promotes passive aggressiveness. The most important thing to a company is to know what their employees and customers think. How they feel. If employees are fearful of speaking their mind, the company will become more ignorant every day.

Micro Managed constantly and upper management always being rotated

Former Employee - Banking Center Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Banking Center Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and they did good volunteer work.

Cons

Glorified sales position. They preach "work, life, balance" but only care about your sales and constantly are harping on you to "keep your numbers up". I constantly wrote action plans and was on conference calls that were a waste of time and nothing more than "pep rallys".I also worked many Saturdays after being promised that i would only have to do "one or two a month". Also, I went through 5 managers in the 16 months that I was there. Probably because no one wanted to manage the market I was in since the goals were far too unrealistic.