There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Strong company with focus on growth and employees.

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

As a long-time employee of Bank of America (over 30 years) I have had many opportunities. I have used the tuition reimbursement to obtain my degree and continue to look for growth opportunities to further my career. Bank of America has a strong commitment to the communities and I am proud of the work done through our volunteer activities. While not broadly advertised as other companies/corporations, Bank of America is very involved with many facets in communities throughout the United States. Affinity groups and other avenues for growth are available to help employees in their own development.

Cons

Bank of America has great career growth opportunities in major metropolitan areas such as Charlotte, NC; Los Angeles, CA; Houston, TX; but in other areas it is very difficult to continue to grow in your career once you have achieved management level. You end up in the same position with little opportunity to move up unless someone retires or moves on.

Do not discount the employees that have been with the company for many, many years. While being touted as one of the best companies for young professionals, us "older" professionals are not finding it as one of the best places to work when we are not able to continue to grow in our own career.

reviews filtered by
  1. Operations Analyst

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great environment to work, nice people, great place to move around different areas and get experience. Good benefits and good management.

Cons

the Salary is really low compared to other companies, and the annual increase is also low. Procedures are always changing.

2. Consumer Banking is only a small part

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Many areas, products, operations and functions to focus your career in. Great benefits - medical/dental, vacation, sick leave, maturity/paternity leave, holidays, etc.

Cons

It is easy to get stuck or pigeon-holed into a position by management. It often requires a sideways move to another group to prove your potential.

A little appreciation goes a long way. Saying thank you to each individual and not the entire group would seem more personal.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America