There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Strong company with focus on growth and employees.

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

As a long-time employee of Bank of America (over 30 years) I have had many opportunities. I have used the tuition reimbursement to obtain my degree and continue to look for growth opportunities to further my career. Bank of America has a strong commitment to the communities and I am proud of the work done through our volunteer activities. While not broadly advertised as other companies/corporations, Bank of America is very involved with many facets in communities throughout the United States. Affinity groups and other avenues for growth are available to help employees in their own development.

Cons

Bank of America has great career growth opportunities in major metropolitan areas such as Charlotte, NC; Los Angeles, CA; Houston, TX; but in other areas it is very difficult to continue to grow in your career once you have achieved management level. You end up in the same position with little opportunity to move up unless someone retires or moves on.

Advice to Management

Do not discount the employees that have been with the company for many, many years. While being touted as one of the best companies for young professionals, us "older" professionals are not finding it as one of the best places to work when we are not able to continue to grow in our own career.

reviews filtered by

BOA-GCB: Business Banking SSA

Former Employee - Sales Support Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Support Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice office. Some good people. Advancement opportunities. Good job if your moving up the ranks from retail banking.

Cons

HIGHLY bureaucratic. Company is (any one who works there will tell you this) a process driven organization. Not Results driven. The work is very redundant, due to the many systems that are employed that are not integrated. Lots of busy work. Seems like middle mgmt often takes on assignments to make themselves look like a high performer in the eyes of their superior. Ends up just keeping the SSA's extremely busy and unable to devote there time to improving the actually business (helping the portfolio managers).

Advice to Management

Culture needs to be totally revamped. SSA role is far to admin oriented. Enough busy work already!

Loan Officer

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None.. this bank has bad reputation for a reason

Cons

Worst bank to do home loans.. processing is really bad, management have no clue about originating loans thus they cannot help.. Underwriters are also average