There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Strong company with focus on growth and employees.

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

As a long-time employee of Bank of America (over 30 years) I have had many opportunities. I have used the tuition reimbursement to obtain my degree and continue to look for growth opportunities to further my career. Bank of America has a strong commitment to the communities and I am proud of the work done through our volunteer activities. While not broadly advertised as other companies/corporations, Bank of America is very involved with many facets in communities throughout the United States. Affinity groups and other avenues for growth are available to help employees in their own development.

Cons

Bank of America has great career growth opportunities in major metropolitan areas such as Charlotte, NC; Los Angeles, CA; Houston, TX; but in other areas it is very difficult to continue to grow in your career once you have achieved management level. You end up in the same position with little opportunity to move up unless someone retires or moves on.

Advice to Management

Do not discount the employees that have been with the company for many, many years. While being touted as one of the best companies for young professionals, us "older" professionals are not finding it as one of the best places to work when we are not able to continue to grow in our own career.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Not for the Faint of Heart

Former Employee - Customer Relationship Manager in Simi Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Relationship Manager in Simi Valley, CA

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

salary, benefits, short commute, nice people to work with.

Cons

Can't tell you in 20 words. Please see comment below.

Advice to Management

Bottom line is that management is investor driven & not overly concerned with the welfare of employees. A physically & emotionally unhealthy environment. At one point one-third of my department was out on stress leaves because of the micro-managing, brow-beating, massive work overload, pressed to do hours of over-time daily, and so forth. A close friend who has a BS in Sociology advised me the atmosphere I was working in was what is known as a "churn and burn". He was absolutely correct in his assessment. Lateral moves to other departments very difficult to accomplish also.

2. It was an enlightening yet stressful and somewhat unpleasant experience

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have great benefits and your fellow employees are easy to get along with.

Cons

The "flexible" schedule that they require you to have and the lack of support from team leaders when you needed additional assistance (which was lacking) were difficult issues to overcome. It made your job more difficult and caused you to have to give vague answers to your customers.

Advice to Management

The team leaders should be available to the staff for assistance when they have questions which need an answer for the customers. Also, there should be more accommodations for schedule changes when emergencies arise in the employees life situation.