Bank of Ireland

www.bankofireland.com

Get in at the right level and salary

Relationship Manager (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsVery few.
A few years ago when the banking system was functioning properly my division (Private Banking) was actually a good place to work. There were social events, bonuses and scope to progress.

ConsNo attempt to boost staff morale, depleting numbers and a general lack of direction for the business. There is a lot of pressure being applied to sales staff which is inceasing every year. It's not the worst place to work in but be sure to negotiate hard for a salary and level you are happy with because you'll be stuck there until you leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn the absence of any big changes happening in the way the bank is run, they should try to do what they can to boost morale, which was being done even up to quite recently. Banks can't be seen to be looking after their staff! That's just the small stuff at the surface. Generally speaking Irish banks are just not a good environment to work in.

Quite a decent experience

Bank Assistant (Former Employee) Galway (Ireland)

I worked at Bank of Ireland full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Friendly workmates and good customer relations. Reasonable salary and time… Cons: The last few years have been in a very difficult economic climate. A lot of customers are… Advice to Senior Management: Some of the management seem to be too far removed… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Slow paced and unsatisfying work envoirnment

I have been working at Bank of Ireland full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Quality people, good business structure and exceptional exposure and experience.… Cons: There is a high resistant to change, new ideas and innovative people. There… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Bank of Ireland.

Worked for Bank of Ireland? Contribute to the Community!