There are newer employer reviews for Bank of the West

fun company to work for.

I have been working at Bank of the West full-time

Pros

easy for upper management to notice you because of the size of the bank. good forward mobilty if you are self motivated and show you want to succeed. nothing is handed to you.

Cons

communication amongst peers can be better. goals sometimes are a little much for the size of bank and staff that they have.

Advice to Management

none

reviews filtered by

If you're young, smart and desire a career in banking... Not the company for you!

Former Employee - Multi-Site Customer Service Manager in Globe, AZ
    Former Employee - Multi-Site Customer Service Manager in Globe, AZ

I worked at Bank of the West full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Bank of the West is very focused on customer service and teamwork. Their leaders and managers are motivating, inspiring, and very well experienced in banking and all financial departments. Everybody is willing and ready to assist everybody in all the different departments bank-wide.

Cons

I started my career as a part-time teller and was quickly promoted to a multiple site customer service manager of two branches, leading two teams of 4-6 employees. Both of my teams were consistently in the top three leading branches in Arizona in customer service, sales, net advocacy rating, etc. Solely because I was promoted from a Grade 1 to a Grade 6 overnight, I was put on a 6 month performance evaluation program because, as HR explained, "the employment handbook says" I could advance an unlimited number of pay grades, however, I could not advance over a certain percentage in compensation overnight. I was even advised that if I quit my job, and am rehired, I would have a better chance of receiving the compensation that I deserve for my job performance. I had several consultations with my Branch Manager, Human Resources and even as far as two face-to-face meetings with the Arizona Regional Manager with no resolution or plan. Fact is, I was exceeding my expected performance at two branches and was receiving half of the compensation of an average, single site customer service manager.

Advice to Management

Revise your plan for current employee compensation and promotion.

2. Great Place To Be

I worked at Bank of the West

Pros

The firm presents a collaborative work environment

Cons

Some employees lack drive or explicit goals

Advice to Management

Work on expansion and capturing commercial lending opportunities

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of the West