Bank of the West

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of the West

Never again

Current Employee - Assistant Customer Service Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Customer Service Manager

I have been working at Bank of the West full-time (less than an year)

Pros

benefits, the tellers were awesome, short working hours on saturday

Cons

management, micromanaging, pay, time off, computer systems, lack of training, confusing to enter sales referrals, lack of communication, no one is on the same page.

Stop treating employees like children. I was hired to do a job, trust that with proper training (which I have not received) that employees could perform their jobs correctly. I do not need to ask to go to the restroom, be told to clean up the branch if there are deposit slips, pens, etc out of place.

232 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of the West (View Most Recent)

ok working place

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bank of the West full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working environment is good, nice people to work with

Cons

individual contribution is not recognized very well.
    Fast pace, heavy work load
    not paid well

Motivated by buying out smaller banks rather focusing on Teammate engagement/Customer retention

Former Employee - Consumer Loan Specialist in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Consumer Loan Specialist in Omaha, NE

I worked at Bank of the West full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The teammates showed great dedication although didn't receive motivation from Leadership

Cons

Senior Management and Executives have no compassion towards teammate growth. This can be validated by a debate between the customer/teammate centric Supervisors in a conference call with an Executive on attempts to persuade them to buy shirts for all employees and not only our full time employees for "Spirit Week". Ironic eh? I worked as a Supervisor for 5 months in Consumer Protection Services and coming from a well-defined atmosphere with tiered goals and cascaded directives from Executives it was difficult for me to learn that the annual reviews were 100% discretion based. After numerous conversations about my performance and being brushed off by "we will work on a determining the Supervisor goals" I left the company.

Update your systems with the modern times, the processes and tools used now in Consumer Protection Services are they same as they were 25 years ago in other companies in the same industry. This can be shown by a letter I received a few days ago regarding your internal hiring platform being hacked resulting in myself needing to scan my credit and put a lock on it. Create a Quality Assurance team and give clear definition towards being customer centric - nothing is worse than taking an escalated phone call about a customers loan refund check being declined. Attempt to streamline communications within departments and mold the culture into having a focus on being customer centric.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of the West