Bankers Conseco

Low income

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Islandia, NY
Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Islandia, NY

I worked at Bankers Conseco

Pros

Supportive atmosphere, comfortable if small workspace.

Cons

Commission structure makes breaking in impossible if you need to do so while earning a living.

Stop recycling leads that are useless.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Bankers Conseco (View Most Recent)

Move slow because you move too fast. You have got to make the morning last.

Current Employee - Contract Sales Agent in Williamsville, NY
    Current Employee - Contract Sales Agent in Williamsville, NY

I have been working at Bankers Conseco

Pros

The agency allows time for individuals to get their job done however they feel best. If a person excels, there are opportunities to go up the career ranks quickly. Someone can be a team leader in 3 months.

Cons

Training and development during my time of employment was scattered and sparse. At the end of training, I was incompetent. In comparison to other companies in the industry, their training methods are forgiving, but there is a reason why.

The capacity for an individual to enter the job with their best interests in hand is also sacrificed. The coordination between getting the license, trained, and into the field can easily leave an agent without an income for 2 months and much of the costs are handled as an independent contractor. There is little to no support. I felt during my time there that I had been given little opportunity to ask questions and understand the job completely.

There is a song that works as advice for the management. Move slow because you move too fast. You have got to make the morning last.

All commission, tough start

Current Employee - Sales Agent
    Current Employee - Sales Agent

I have been working at Bankers Conseco

Pros

The company offers flexible training for people new to the industry. Get licensed as fast as you can work or longer if that's what you need. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Salary is completely commission based. Tough industry to start unless you have a lot of contacts that you can sell to. Leads promised are not too warm. Branch is small, but no one seems to be "killing it"

Some sort of better lead system especially to get new agents going would be very practical. Training and motivation is decent, fun, but somewhat trivial.

There are newer employer reviews for Bankers Conseco