There are newer employer reviews for Bankers Life

If you can't afford to live working for 100 percent commissions, DON'T DO IT!

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Orlando, FL

I worked at Bankers Life

Pros

They train new agents pretty well.

Cons

Management is very shady and secretive when it comes to informing prospective agents of how they will be compensated during their training period. They tell you that training is paid, but what they don't tell you is that even when you're training in the field your pay is based on whatever policies you sell, and then you have to split that 50/50 with your field trainer. If you come into the job with little to no money (because they don't tell you that you need to have money set aside to support yourself until you get your "business" off the ground) expect to spend that money on gas driving back and forth to work and driving all over the city to meet with clients. Not only do they expect new agents to foot the bill for everything, including, like I said before, gas, stamps, and other office supplies, they expect you to do it with no financial assistance whatsoever. The point I'm trying to make is, I guess the job is okay if you have about six months worth of money saved up to support yourself while you build your business. It would have been nice if management had been forthcoming with this kind of information before I wasted money on licensing, fingerprinting, and test taking.

Advice to Management

Be forthcoming about the financial burdens new agents will have to endure before they spend the little bit of money they do have on licensing, etc, only to find that they're going to have to quit the job because they can't afford to pretty much work for free.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

A lot of time and effort, and have not seen a check in 2 months.

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Bankers Life

Pros

You are in charge of how much you make

Cons

All policyholders you meet are unhappy with service. Management is rah rah, but leads are crap and office is broke, no fresh leads....

Advice to Management

Close up shop. Don't mislead people coming in that you can take off easily with your company. Don't claim that you provide leads when they are just old recycled leads that every agent calls on from 2 years ago.....

Consistently Misinformed

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Boise, ID

I worked at Bankers Life

Pros

I loved the freedom to build my own schedule and the unknown of tomorrow and the next sale to come.

Cons

Insurance agents are step of above used cars salespersons and that reputation is difficult to change. Lies and cover ups.

Advice to Management

Be realistic about the salary estimates and change the hiring process. Letting anyone and everyone in is inefficient and unfair.