Bankers Life

www.bankerslife.com
  www.bankerslife.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bankers Life

Great Opportunuity, but not easy or for everyone

Current Employee - Insurance Sales
Current Employee - Insurance Sales

I have been working at Bankers Life full-time

Pros

Bankers has provided myself and my family years of great financial security. The products we offer impact our client's lives positively. The values of the company and needs based presentations allow insurance to be sold, but yet we can still sleep at night.

Cons

The first year is going to be the toughest. With any new venture you would expect your second six monsths to be better than your first and we are no different.

Keep doing what you are doing.

377 Other Employee Reviews for Bankers Life (View Most Recent)

You will regret it

Former Employee - LIcensed Agent/Commission Only in Eau Claire, WI
    Former Employee - LIcensed Agent/Commission Only in Eau Claire, WI

I worked at Bankers Life as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Good training program and I really cannot think of anything else.

Cons

Commission only, no benefits, long hours with no pay on the phones setting appts., going to help current policyholders with no pay using your vehicle and gas (commission only if you sell them something, which never happened), and after an agent spends their own money getting licensed and up and running, you will be forced to reach "SNA" level at 6 month mark. The managers want their bonus and will tell you that your only source of income will be cut off immediately if you don't reach it. They will amke you write an app. or apps. on yourself and the receptionist that will be cancelled during the free look period so the level will be achieved. When an agent gets frustrated and quits, there WILL be a call from the company about 6 months later (in my case) telling you how many chargebacks there are on your account and the $$$$ you owe them- hundreds of dollars. I was there 6 months and regret every minute of it. Don't believe what they will tell you to get you on-board- very few make it doing the 50-60 hours a week.

Be honest, don't say things like: "oh there are plenty of leads." That leaves an agent very disgruntled after they start and find out the truth.

A once good company whose integrity, values, and ethics are easily compromised by poorly selected managers.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Bankers Life full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The ability to increase your earnings, based on hard work.

Cons

They say they want to serve the needs of seniors, yet have no problems with agents pushing too many products with high premiums on retired seniors with fixed incomes. The bottom line is getting as big of a check from the customer as you can, not just meeting a need.

Put a higher value on the ethics and integrity a person should have to be a manager...not just how much they have produced in sales.

There are newer employer reviews for Bankers Life