Bankers Life & Casualty
www.bankers.com Chicago, IL 150 to 499 Employees

If you can't afford to live working for 100 percent commissions, DON'T DO IT!

Insurance Agent (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL

I worked at Bankers Life & Casualty

ProsThey train new agents pretty well.

ConsManagement is very shady and secretive when it comes to informing prospective agents of how they will be compensated during their training period. They tell you that training is paid, but what they don't tell you is that even when you're training in the field your pay is based on whatever policies you sell, and then you have to split that 50/50 with your field trainer. If you come into the job with little to no money (because they don't tell you that you need to have money set aside to support yourself until you get your "business" off the ground) expect to spend that money on gas driving back and forth to work and driving all over the city to meet with clients. Not only do they expect new agents to foot the bill for everything, including, like I said before, gas, stamps, and other office supplies, they expect you to do it with no financial assistance whatsoever. The point I'm trying to make is, I guess the job is okay if you have about six months worth of money saved up to support yourself while you build your business. It would have been nice if management had been forthcoming with this kind of information before I wasted money on licensing, fingerprinting, and test taking.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe forthcoming about the financial burdens new agents will have to endure before they spend the little bit of money they do have on licensing, etc, only to find that they're going to have to quit the job because they can't afford to pretty much work for free.

A lot of time and effort, and have not seen a check in 2 months.

Insurance Agent (Current Employee)
Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Bankers Life & Casualty

Pros: You are in charge of how much you make Cons: All policyholders you meet are unhappy with service. Management is rah… Advice to Senior Management: Close up shop. Don't mislead people coming in that you can take off easily with your company. Don't claim… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Challenging

Insurance Agent (Current Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Bankers Life & Casualty

Pros: Helping people, somewhat flexible schedule, tons of resources and training… Cons: No work life balance, they promote your flexibility with this job and not having a "clock in time" or being told what you can and… Advice to Senior Management: Insurance agents should be able to have insurance benefits! (ie we have no health,dental or vision plan) Promote more… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Bankers Life & Casualty.

Worked for Bankers Life & Casualty? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bankers Life & Casualty reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bankers Life & Casualty CEO Scott Perry. All reviews posted anonymously by Bankers Life & Casualty employees.