There are newer employer reviews for Bankers Life & Casualty

Great potential!

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Knoxville, TN
Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Bankers Life & Casualty as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Good commission rates, Increasing market, Great training. Other agents very willing to help if you are putting forth effort.

Cons

100% commission so make sure there is enough money in the bank for you to live on for 6 months to a year until renewals start.

To reduce turnover of new agents, implement a small base salary. Advertise in markets where Bankers name is not known.

346 Other Employee Reviews for Bankers Life & Casualty (View Most Recent)

Former Agent....Tinton Falls N.J.

Former Employee - Insurance Agent
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent

I worked at Bankers Life & Casualty full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very good training....I learned alot Medicare. Alot of online training courses as well as weekly classes in office.

Cons

Very long hours, you are to be in the office 2 days a week at 8:00am till sometimes 7pm or later and they ask you to come in on Saturdays al least 3 times a month.. Cold calling, the leads that you pay for are recycled leads and most of them say they diddent request any information. Managers have signs on there doors that say, if your not booked not to bother them and on the doors tghere are signs saying, see your manager before you leave if your not booked. They tell you just get in the door, you will find a need, sale.
    They favor managers and top producers with quality leads,they get them first. When I saw how bad the leads were and the fact that you are paying for your leads, I asked if I could purchase leads from a lead company and I was told they would termenate my contract if I did. I thoughjt I was 1099 employee, self employed and I could not invest my own money to my buisness. Once you make your sna, you are on your own. They hire anyone somtimes 10 new agents a month. Your expected to knock on peoples doors to get buisness, but most of the time they tell you off or dont answer the door. When you do get a appointment %50 of the time you get porched, so they tell you to double book even more so if you think there is no money there. Basiclly your saying anything to get in the door. Just get in the door, call the people who are home is wehat your told to do. Oh, andf have at least 1 years salery saved up your going to need it. Because there is so much compition and so many agent and most of all horrible leads, I'm sorry I wasted 9 months with no money, no support.

Get better leads. Hire less agents and focus on the good one who work 16 hour days for nothing.

Worst liers you'll ever meet

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Bankers Life & Casualty as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

You don't have to pay to be shafted by this company they'll do it all for free

Cons

get training and your trainer gets paid for your work, the newest leads are 3 years old unless you sell out your own friends and family and lets not forget you can't truely give an honest sales presentation unless you own the products too

There are newer employer reviews for Bankers Life & Casualty