Time Consuming

Current Employee - Insurance Agent  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Houston, TX

I have been working at Bankers Life & Casualty part-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are a competitor, and you like a challenge, I would highly recommend this job.

Cons

You have to have some kind of supplemental income, or already have a licence to support you because they do not pay you during the two weeks of training.

ONLY HIRE PEOPLE WITH LICENCES.

Other Reviews for Bankers Life & Casualty

Worst Job Ever!

Former Employee - Insurance Agent 1099
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent 1099

I worked at Bankers Life & Casualty full-time for less than a year

Pros

No Pros to working at Bankers

Cons

This job is a scam! Out of hundreds of hires each year, only a few will last more than a year. The rest will be used as telemarketers and apointment setters for the experienced agents. They will suck the blood, and money, out of you. They tell you during their "career briefing" that they have more leads than they know what to do with and they don't need your "circle of influence" as clients. As soon as you get assigned to a "field trainer," the first thing they want you to do is sell to your family, and friends, with the field trainer "closing" the sale and taking half the commission. The leads provided are terrible, unless you take your field trainers advice and call the leads that are on the "National Do Not Call List" on your own phone, risking a $10,000.00 fine for each call you make to those numbers.

Quit scamming people!!!

Please don't make the same mistake as I did...

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I worked at Bankers Life & Casualty full-time for less than a year

Pros

Set your own hours, work schedule can be flexible

Cons

Where do I begin? Backstabbing, deceptive scripts, lying to prospective clients and employees, horrible pay or no pay--all commission based. I showed up to the "career briefing", hopeful for a new job and excited about the unlimited income potential. I was told that I could be making what I'm worth. So I came back for the second interview. I went through that and by the end of the day was hired. Now since I needed some time and money to become an agent, I decided to work as a recruiter first. I remember very little detail about recruiting, since they mostly try to sell applicants on agent and/or management positions. I, as others, were led to believe something about compensation for recruiters that simply wasn't true. I was then given a different idea of what compensation was for recruiters once I was hired. It wasn't what I was led to believe in the career briefing, but adequate nonetheless, so I figured "why not?". Once I showed up for my new job at Bankers on Day One, I was finally informed of the true compensation. Knowing that I was lied to about the differences in pay, I should have gotten up and walked out of the office right there. Instead, I stayed, figuring that with my sales background, I would do well in recruiting and ultimately, sales. Once I started filling out the invoices, I waited for my compensation checks to arrive in the mail. But what's this? My checks never came?! And I lied to get people to come to career briefings--we are given a script and we are told to read off of it verbatim. We are even given a rebuttal sheet, but are told not to stray from that in any way, shape, or form. When career briefing attendance was low, we were even given modified scripts to perk people up a little about the idea of attending a career briefing. Many people were very upset after attendance (rightfully so), because if we told them the whole truth they wouldn't come to the career briefings. I mean, if I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have either.

There are newer employer reviews for Bankers Life & Casualty.

Worked for Bankers Life & Casualty? Contribute to the Community!