Banner Health

www.bannerhealth.com

One bad manager = Good luck ever working for Banner again

Pros

Worked with great interdisciplinary team and Banner supported evidence-based practice and the best for it's patients

Cons

My manager was allowing unethical behavior. I followed the chain of command, and I went to her first. She denied the indiscretion and accused me of not liking the offending party. She then had me brought to the director. The director had no clinical knowledge, and trusting his manager, supported her. Yet, policies changed the same week. I went from getting employee of the month for the dept and for the hospital and having a great personal file for several years to getting written up for any and everything imaginable for several months. The manager even scolded me by phone after sitting next to me in my office for over an hour. I told HR of my concerns at my exit interview, but Banner HR protects Banner, not the employee. What this manager did to me, I saw a pattern from what she did to a previous employee. I only wish I had seen it the first time. I can't help that employee now. She brought in a lawyer and settled. How is this Banner Health's fault? HR should have cleaned up this manager's mess.

Look at the whole picture, all the way back to the beginning. Rather than covering up to avoid looking bad when a manager does something wrong, own it, make it right, and move on. You'll keep good employees and get rid of unethical managers.

Other reviews for Banner Health

Find another place to work

Pros

I worked with some of the most dedicated and intelligent, committed physicians, nurses, and staff at Banner. Almost none of them lasted more than 5 years and left. Great place to work if you are an administrator.

Cons

This company has one rule, and that is the business plan put forth by Senior Management/Board which is profit ahead of people. The mission statement is lip service, and the company sells hard. Think cult. I have watched them lie to the Phoenix community about what they provide. Despite sitting in on dozens of meetings over multiple years, attempting to educate management on what is necessary to be successful, I and others finally decided to leave the company when it was apparent they didn't care. If you are a health professional (doc, nurse, extender) - expect to get paid crap and treated like a factory line worker. Don't expect autonomy or independent thinking. Find another place to work. It can't be said any more plainly. If you don't believe it, talk to those that have left to get the truth. If you are an administrator, you will be golden. If you drink the coolaid, you will be promoted, no matter how incompetent or non-knowledgeable you may be. If you are happy just punching a clock and being told how you will provide care, and even what you may or may not say - then you'll fit right in. Anyone on Glassdoor who says this is a great company to work for should be viewed with suspicion.

great coworkers

Pros

tremendous teamwork and usually adequate staffing. health insurance is inexpensive and very good coverage. clean, safe working environment.

Cons

bad pay with no to minimal raises. 2% cut of night shift diff. no weekend diff. mgmt receives a lot of pressure from upper mgmt. environment seems more punitive than supportive in nature.

increase salaries or give bonuses so staff doesn't have to leave to make more money. invest in your staff and they will stay and you will save money by not having to utilize travel and registry nurses.

There are newer employer reviews for Banner Health.

Worked for Banner Health? Contribute to the Community!