I was told that I would get very far because I didn't know anyone or have allies.

Former Employee - IT Consultant  in  Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - IT Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Banner Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Medical industry is likely going to remain a profitable industry.

Cons

Nepotism and favoritism and based upon fear.

Innovation and creativity can be found anywhere.

Other Reviews for Banner Health

all about money

I have been working at Banner Health full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked there for 27 years in dietary. Great place to work at first. good benefits and really cared for their patients and employees made you feel involved and not so much negative and more positive.

Cons

Have really gone from a place I loved to work from a place I hate to work. Cutting costs will not benefit them in the long run. Patient care is not what it should be and long term employees have left or are looking for other work.

Patient care comes first. You should abide by this and quit taking shortcuts. All I have seen is cutting staff for patient care. No pat on the back for anything done good just negativity.

Pockets of great leaders..and great depts

I worked at Banner Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

if you are good at building relationships, you can take on other projects out of your functional area to grow in experience and get into a different career--
    There are some great people working here- and that depends on the facility and department

Cons

Low pay
    poor PTO policy
    The pockets of poor leaders (senior management) can be challenging and career limiting...and instead of being dealt with...they are often whisked aside to another department where a new position is created....Sad. Sad. Sad. and speaks to how Banner leader and core behaviors are only applicable to lower levels of employees.

Don't bite nose to spite face. Invest in proper systems and provide employees in support positions with the tools they need to do their job (recruitment, hr, etc). Banner can be cheap in the wrong ways.

There are newer employer reviews for Banner Health.

Worked for Banner Health? Contribute to the Community!