There are newer employer reviews for Banner Health

I was told that I would get very far because I didn't know anyone or have allies.

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - IT Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Banner Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Medical industry is likely going to remain a profitable industry.

Cons

Nepotism and favoritism and based upon fear.

Advice to Management

Innovation and creativity can be found anywhere.

reviews filtered by

Pockets of great leaders..and great depts

I worked at Banner Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

if you are good at building relationships, you can take on other projects out of your functional area to grow in experience and get into a different career--
    There are some great people working here- and that depends on the facility and department

Cons

Low pay
    poor PTO policy
    The pockets of poor leaders (senior management) can be challenging and career limiting...and instead of being dealt with...they are often whisked aside to another department where a new position is created....Sad. Sad. Sad. and speaks to how Banner leader and core behaviors are only applicable to lower levels of employees.

Advice to Management

Don't bite nose to spite face. Invest in proper systems and provide employees in support positions with the tools they need to do their job (recruitment, hr, etc). Banner can be cheap in the wrong ways.

The worst company I have ever worked for!

Former Employee - Supervisor in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Banner Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The stated culture and values sound terrific......to bad they are just word-speak and mean nothing.

Cons

Upper management at Banner are scary people. They dump tons of responsibility on mid-managers and staff, won't listen to anything mid-management has to say, actually they don't even ask, they just play the blame game when things don't go as THEY planned.
    Stating facts, such as, "We don't have enough equipment to support that initiative", is considered "negative input" and is not tolerated.
    They only want to hear, "yes", even if "no" is the only sane honest response.
    Other cons:
    Salaried and 10-14 hour days were the norm, on-call every other week end from 7a Sat. until 7a Mon. (no monetary compensation or comp time) AND had to go in every other Sunday for a few hours to do tome cards! I didn't just quit....I escaped!!!

Advice to Management

Don't hire people for their experience and then treat them like morons.
    Facts based on real numbers, even if you don't like the numbers or the facts, are not necessarily negative, they can be a valuable tool when utilized rather than ignored.