There are newer employer reviews for Banner Health

It's like working with family & excellent nursing care is provided

Current Employee - RN Staff Nurse Team Leader in Mesa, AZ
Current Employee - RN Staff Nurse Team Leader in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Banner Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

State of the art equipment available, safe work environment, good food, great benefits, in a great location, reputable health system, and applied for magnet this year

Cons

No tuition reimbursement available for continuing education

Adjust matrix to promote safety on the units for patients. If nurse to patient ratios were one less per nurse there would be a dramatic change overall in process improvement.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good place to work but few advancement opportunities for non-clinical staff.

I have been working at Banner Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits and a great group of people

Cons

Not a lot of opportunities for advancement for non-clinical staff

Great Hospital, great care and great people!

Former Employee - ICU RN in Surprise, AZ
    Former Employee - ICU RN in Surprise, AZ

I worked at Banner Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Coming from an ICU RN perspective: there is an intensivist program with excellent and kind critical care docs and also an awesome Nurse Practitioner. The other pulmonologists seeing patients at this hospital range from good to excellent. The nephrologists and GI interventionalists are excellent. At night, the unit is covered by icare/EICU MDs and RNs. The ICU utilizes technology that I haven't seen used anywhere else since, such as prone therapy, HFOV. This hospital and ICU is high functioning, and if I was septic, or had respiratory failure, I would feel comfortable with these doctors and nurses treating me, because I feel they are the very best. I am very proud to have begun my nursing career in Del Webb's ICU. Also, it's a non-profit, and invests it's money in the hospital and community.

Cons

The year before I left, things were feeling more and more "corporate" as more mandates came down from Banner Health. The time and money squeeze became very apparent and was felt as stress and pressure to staff.

You did a great job recognizing employees, and making improvements. It's a tough job, keep up the great work.

There are newer employer reviews for Banner Health