Great Job Security

Current Employee - QRT Engineer II in Miami, FL
Current Employee - QRT Engineer II in Miami, FL

I have been working at Baptist Health South Florida

Pros

Job Security is very good at batist. You can always besure you will have place to work and save enviroment.

Cons

Slow on promotion. I have been there for several years and still on the same spot, it is sometimes who ou know, not wht ou know.

Advice to Management

Promote and encourage. Not always pick people because of who tjey know. There are talented people there that dont get promoted and others that do NOTHING and get promoted left and right, spcially in IT.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Place to Work....Just Not My Department!

Current Employee - Patient Financial Representative in Tavernier, FL
    Current Employee - Patient Financial Representative in Tavernier, FL

I have been working at Baptist Health South Florida

Pros

This job is very secure. Baptist is a great place to work, but my department is run by a young, stubborn child who cannot communicate. The benefits are amazing. All and all I have learned a lot.

Cons

You begin to feel trapped...management is horrible...when you are "in" with people you are in and when youre "out" youre out...no room for growth unless you switch fields.

Advice to Management

Baptist health should hire managers that have actually worked in the department that they are managing. I find it very hard to believe that you can be a good manager if you have no idea what we do!!!!

2. Senior Management great, some middle management incompetent

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Baptist Health South Florida

Pros

The organization had a great senior management. It is consistently growing, adding a new hospital in West Kendall, and also developing new outpatient centers north of Miami.

Cons

The middle management was incompetent. Many didn't have a great grasp of the health care system. Most were in their position because of their relationships with others, not because of their knowledge base or experience.

Advice to Management

Hire individuals who meet the expectations of the position, not necessarily people who happen to be a friend of a friend. Also, retrain your middle management to meet the demands of the changing health care infrastructure (particularly due to the new movement of health care reform).