Baptist Health System (Texas)

www.baptisthealthsystem.com
  www.baptisthealthsystem.com
There are newer employer reviews for Baptist Health System (Texas)

ER review

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Baptist Health System (Texas) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Self scheduling, sometimes work slows around 4am allowing for some time to catch up on charting, Great DIrector, Good Pay,Helpful Co Workers

Cons

ALWAYS short staffed, administration chronically pulls our tech or secretary to float to other departments, making more work for the RN's (who are already doing pretty much everything now as the scope of practice for techs has decreased), unreasonable parents, excessive wait times.

Your ER's are where patients come in through. That's the last place you want to understaff. If we are not busy. fine, send them home or float them elsewhere ..and for goodness sakes..STOP CALLING AHEAD TO LET US KNOW OF YOUR CHILD COMING IN....DO YOU THINK THEY ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANY ONE ELSE"S CHILD??? The nerve! And then we are expected to bend over backwards to impress them. who cares??? I have a kid who can't breathe in another room...your sprained ankle can wait.

27 Other Employee Reviews for Baptist Health System (Texas) (View Most Recent)

Stay away

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Baptist Health System (Texas) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good compensation and great benefits

Cons

No feedback from manangement in Texas office until time to get laid off

Better communication with employees

Great company culture and employees have wonderful spirits

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Baptist Health System (Texas)

Pros

You really feel like family the moment you start! From fun and informative/paid new hire training, to the welcoming in you really feel happy to be apart of the team. Everyone works as a team to get the job done, and it's refreshing to see that from day in to day out.

Cons

Lacking when it comes to competitive salaries. They recruit to make sure they find the best of the best but then once you've gone through at least two interviews they negotiate to try to bring you in and pay you the bare minimum. I don't think that's a great way to bring in top quality and expect them to stay.

Appreciate the staff that has tenure, and if you really want the best employees to come in and stay make sure that you are paying them at a competitive rate. There are a lot of healthcare places in San Antonio, you can't afford not to pay a competitive salary.

There are newer employer reviews for Baptist Health System (Texas)