Baptist Hospital of Miami

There are newer employer reviews for Baptist Hospital of Miami

Well deserved Fortune 100 Best status

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Baptist Hospital of Miami full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful coworkers, friendly and helpful atmosphere. Large organization means there is a lot of opportunity for advancement or transfer. Work-life balance is encouraged by most managers. I love it here!

Cons

Antiquated IT policies, old school approach to finance (no electronic expense forms, no direct deposit of expenses.) A few managers seem to fear flexible work policies like telecommuting or flex time, though most do try to accommodate staff as much as possible.

Bring IT and Finance policies into the 21st century.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Baptist Hospital of Miami (View Most Recent)

Good facade

Current Employee - Assistant in Kendall, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant in Kendall, FL

I have been working at Baptist Hospital of Miami full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Image is great. Community is great. Very nice buildings. Lots of training and education. Once your in, you have lots of opportunity available to you.

Cons

Managers in general for various floors are poorly received. Some floors are great to work on while others most people hate. The jobs with the highest turn over are those bad floors but easiest to get into.

Good Benefits

Current Employee - Nursing Department in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Nursing Department in Miami, FL

I have been working at Baptist Hospital of Miami full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Baptist is very pro employees and is all about quality. There was always stability and job security at this company. Nowadays we hear a lot of " be happy you have a job, we get over 1000 applicants per week..

Cons

Leadership is not the best. It's hard to move up. Currently they are cutting expenses so a lot of benefits we previously had are going away. Copayments on insurance have had a significant increase.

Listen to your staff.