There are newer employer reviews for Barclays

Nice place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Barclays

Pros

Great atmosphere, people are excellent and fun to be with. I really enjoy working with people with the advanced technology that we have. Great location as well in New York, around all the best places to eat for lunch and dinner if you stay in the office late once or twice. Management is strong and the direction of the company can been viewed with confidence. Respect is also valued a lot and they do not mistreat people there. Some of the friendships I built at Barclays I will keep for the rest of my life, so keep a watch on this company!

Cons

Management has a hard time giving time off for people. Snide comments are sometime present. It is helpful to be nice and build relationships - the environment really fosters that.

It would be great it Barclays gives a few more days off per year to cope with emergencies.

584 Other Employee Reviews for Barclays (View Most Recent)

Good employer with a global footprint

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Barclays full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good people, great work culture and possiblity to progress professionally

Cons

Unclear focus and business strategies

improve benefits and long term management

Great place to work and progress your career.

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President - Internal Audit in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Barclays full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The culture within the organization is excellent and I could honestly say that my current team is one of the best teams I have worked so far. I can always trust my colleagues and I case I have question they are always there to guide me to the answer I need.

Senior management are transparent and approachable when needed. Lots of communication about what is going on within the group and etc is distributed internally.

Moreover, we really live with the Barclays values and as organization we do lots of charity.

There is opportunity for career progress vertically (within the structure) and horizontally (within other structures) and middle and senior management are supporting it. Training is also provided, although that the process is quite slow and takes few months to arrange everything.

Cons

The salary and non cash benefits are below the average for the industry, however I believe that when you consider all the Pros this could be discarded.

Keep the good working, although that I joined Barclays 8 months ago, I can see improvement. Please keep doing it and work for better Barclays.

What you could consider is perhaps a review of the non cash benefits (including the bank products for employees) and employee discounts offers I believe they can be improved.

There are newer employer reviews for Barclays