Good but not great

Current Employee - Collateral Analyst in New York, NY
Current Employee - Collateral Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Barclays

Pros

The company has good and fair pay. Bonuses are ok, but not amazing. I really enjoyed the environment I worked in, I was supporting the trading floor and felt that I made a difference in the bottom line of which securities they were going to buy or sell.

Cons

The hours there are definitely long. Many times, I've taken the midnite car back, but it feels good every once in a while to remind yourself that what you do is pretty important, and during the end of the year, bonuses are fair. It really depends on how you feel the tradeoff of your personal life to your professional.

Advice to Management

None

reviews filtered by

Nice place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Barclays

Pros

Great atmosphere, people are excellent and fun to be with. I really enjoy working with people with the advanced technology that we have. Great location as well in New York, around all the best places to eat for lunch and dinner if you stay in the office late once or twice. Management is strong and the direction of the company can been viewed with confidence. Respect is also valued a lot and they do not mistreat people there. Some of the friendships I built at Barclays I will keep for the rest of my life, so keep a watch on this company!

Cons

Management has a hard time giving time off for people. Snide comments are sometime present. It is helpful to be nice and build relationships - the environment really fosters that.

Advice to Management

It would be great it Barclays gives a few more days off per year to cope with emergencies.

2. Eduacational

Former Employee - Work Experience in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Work Experience in Birmingham, England (UK)

I worked at Barclays (Less than a year)

Pros

The team at barclays are dedicated and driven team.

Cons

change in structure may be rapid