Barclays
www.barclays.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Some good - some bad, its what you make it!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood work colleagues, everyone is behind you to support and work as a team. Diversity in role (depending on your job/team). Good opportunities to work on non-BAU work.

ConsManagers and Management. Perceptions count for more than the work you actually do. The perception of one, appears to count for more than the perception of many. If one person (i.e a manager) thinks something, and reports it, its taken as gospel, whereas your whole team have another, its blatantly disregarded. If you have a personality, I would advise you to stay away from certain BU's in Barclays. Also, too much competition between managers to be best. My manager would frequently talk smack about the other team manager yet be all nice to their face, and also tell them things that you have spoken to them about in confidence. At times it was laughable and was noted between the entire team as being wrong (even those people who were 'pets'). Salary is OK, but bonus time they literally move the goal posts to match whatever they want. They need to stick to their objectives and if you deliver, you deserve a reward. Also - certain managers instill a god like persona. Not right to be scared of someone you work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementWeed out the managers who do not instill the Barclays core values. Take time to actually realise that without the 'analysts' and 'assistants' the jobs wouldn't get done - and recognise people for the effort, time and passion they give to the job. If that was the case I would still be there!! Now this relates only to a small minority but I know of 8 people in one team who left because of 1 manager - yet their reasons for leaving where never pushed through to the head of the team. Always seemed to be someone else's fault - never theirs.

Just there.

I have been working at Barclays as a contractor

Pros: You got a job why complain. Cons: It's kind of slaving with little room for advancement and… Advice to Senior Management: Saidia wauzaji. They bring business. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

BTCI as a unit not valued much

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Pune (India)

I worked at Barclays full-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexible work culture Pay on par with most IT companies Constant employee feedback measuring at… Cons: Specific to business unit I worked with especially about onshore stakeholders: Racially motivated, treats Indian counterparts as low grade people Concentrating core development work onshore Too much interference… Advice to Senior Management: High time company establishes a firm identity of it's own while operating as a captive unit, a lot of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Barclays.

Worked for Barclays? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Barclays reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Barclays CEO Antony Jenkins. All reviews posted anonymously by Barclays employees.