There are newer employer reviews for Barclays

Experience has been frustrating at times due to constant outsourcing and uncertainty about future.

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in New York, NY
Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Barclays full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Internal Mobility is encouraged, which is nice with the environment constantly changing.

Cons

Technology and lots of manual intervention within the Finance systems. Outsourcing is always a concern as well.

586 Other Employee Reviews for Barclays (View Most Recent)

Typical banking culture

Current Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Barclays full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Looks good on your resume but that is about it.

Good place to work if your title matters to you more than the actual work you are going to do.

Cons

Very bureaucratic and disorganized place. Lots of mediocre folk parading the little knowledge they have. Technology is really outdated, makes life a lot harder. Big time double standard when it comes to telling our clients how amazing we are doing but then your pay sucks. Admin staff is stretched beyond limits. Ridiculous cost cuts take away everything and anything that was covered. That includes no alcohol at "office parties". Zero work life balance.

At the time I was employed then part of a RIF in 2010, the company was still in transition from its days as Juniper.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I worked at Barclays full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There were alot of talented people at the time, but the efforts were not being managed correctly. There was no strategic position or vision. Barclay's was beginning to take over the management and resources to refocus the business.

Cons

At the time, many of the people were scrambling to CYA and the environment was dog eat dog.

There are newer employer reviews for Barclays