Barclays
www.barclays.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Current employer @ BTCI - Worst place to work

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)
Pune (India)

Pros1) Flexible work timings
2) Good leave structure
3) Work from home (Looks like pros but in reality it is con :)
4) Competitive pay scale

Cons1) Totally manager driven company. Your appraisal or bonus depends on yr relation with manager not on efforts you are putting. So if you don't work doesn't matter if you are good in .....( no need to specify :)
2) HR are worst--- You meet them only at induction and while leaving the company, I believe most of HR's are doing their interns as they themselves are not aware of Barclays policy.
3) Join company at B5 - PM level, not at B4(Tech lead) or B3 else your personal life is going to be miserable.
4) No Onsite - Racial discrimination.
5) Appraisal process is not well defined, it all depends on your relation with line manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think most of B5 Managers are getting recruited by using Jack without any interviews with their relation with former or existing employee at higher level. Please provide some PMP training to managers as most are from non-technical and non -it background. OR Change the way of recruiting B5 Managers by scrutinizing their management and leader ship skills.

HR Director

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

I worked at Barclays full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Strong pay for performance ethic albeit that non-tranparent/discretionary bonuses meant you didnt actually know from one year to the next how you'd… Cons: Constant management (and therefore agenda) change. Revolving door for good quality people due to personal issues rather than… Advice to Senior Management: Speak to your teams, let them understand how decisions are made and walk the talk around honesty and integrity. We read how they want to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

independence to work and make key decisons

Vice President (Current Employee)
    Pune (India)

I have been working at Barclays full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Marquee brand in the UK Cons: Branding not so well established in India No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Barclays.

Worked for Barclays? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Barclays reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Barclays CEO Antony Jenkins. All reviews posted anonymously by Barclays employees.