Bard College
www.bard.edu Annandale-on-Hudson, NY 500 to 999 Employees

Love the people, hate the compensation

Pros- The people I work with are wonderful. They're the reason I've stayed this long.
- It's a reputable, respected institution with a global reach.
- Pretty area.

Cons- The pay is very low for the industry, and the benefits are just okay. They definitely take advantage of the fact that it's a rural area, but forget that it's still an expensive place to live.
- There aren't too many real opportunities for growth. There are many people who have been in the same position(s) for years.
- An employee can only take undergraduate courses, not graduate-level classes, tuition-free. That's unusual, compared to other colleges.

Advice to Senior Management- Reevaluate the compensation packages and you'll find they're far lower than even those schools in the area (Vassar, CIA, Sarah Lawrence, etc).

Min wage job at the Fisher Center Box Office

I have been working at Bard College

Pros: You don't do much. Answer some phones. Bosses were nice. I… Cons: There isn't too much all that bad with this one, except for the pay. It is minimum… Advice to Senior Management: Pay student employees more. More

Good part-time job for student

Library Staff (Current Employee)
    Annandale, NY

I have been working at Bard College part-time for more than a year

Pros: - Lots of downtime during the semester, able to do… Cons: - Low pay, few hours Advice to Senior Management: Opening more hours would be tremendously beneficial to students, not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Bard College.

Worked for Bard College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bard College reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bard College CEO Leon Botstein. All reviews posted anonymously by Bard College employees.