Time to rethink our direction!

Former Employee - Sales Manager  in  Covington, GA
Former Employee - Sales Manager in Covington, GA

I worked at Bard

Pros

Well established, a large company thats been around 100 years. Products are needed in the industry, and they have a great deal of representation out there for them.

Cons

The company doesn't invest enough into R&D to develop new products for the market. When they do they so severely overcharge for them that the customers are turned off by the steep price structure. This makes it significantly harder for the sales professionals and leads to higher than average turnover.

Encourage divisions to work together and cross pollinate contacts. Invest in new products to bring to market and pay your sales people for doing a good job. (set one comp plan for all sales teams so that there aren't animosities by the lower paid ones for doing as good of a job, or even better in many cases, but earning less than their counterparts.

Other Reviews for Bard

A Great Place To Work While In College...But Don't Make it a Career

Current Employee - Manufacturing Team Member I  in  Glens Falls, NY
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Team Member I in Glens Falls, NY

I have been working at Bard

Pros

I'm a college student, and I appreciate Bard's endless overtime and the ease of requesting personal time off. They're more than willing to transition me to another shift, shuffle my hours, and even bring me to part-time status if necessary in order to accomodate my school schedule each semester.
    I've never met a group of Intermediate Managers who are so committed to seeing me succeed in my college career.

Cons

Team Members with senority (those with more than 5 years of experience) usually become thugs and bullies...and it's left unchecked by management. The word "Drama" no doubt found it's roots on the Manufacturing floor at C.R. Bard.

I'm not in that racket...I'd like to keep my job!

ok

I have been working at Bard

Pros

people are friendly and nice

Cons

pay is stingy and low

There are newer employer reviews for Bard.

Worked for Bard? Contribute to the Community!