There are newer employer reviews for Bare Escentuals

The best job I've ever had.

Former Employee - Beauty Ambassador in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Beauty Ambassador in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Bare Escentuals

Pros

Friendly environment, great teams, wonderful company to work for, fair work environment, definitely one of the most fun places to work.

Cons

I found that there weren't many downsides to working with this company, perhaps more gratis could be given out. That would make it more awesome.

Advice to Management

Leadership at bare Escentuals, from my experience, is carefully selected to make sure that all of the boutiques represent the girlfriend experience, even with its employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great Brand, Not so great place to work

Current Employee - Field in Midwest City, OK
    Current Employee - Field in Midwest City, OK

I have been working at Bare Escentuals

Pros

The product and the customers are amazing. I enjoy training and developing the amazing people I work with. There is so much opportunity for greatness within the company, we just lack the direction to get there.

Cons

If every district , region and the company is not making sales plan, and traffic is down, why are we tearing apart our teams? The issue is bigger than the stores. We have a ralley call every week, there are not enough conference calls in the world to get us to make our numbers, Let's stop all the calls to motivate business, and start making changes, Give us better looking stores, and give us a clearer identity on what we stand for. The stores are a mess, visually. None of them look alike, and we don't look professional. We block our artistry by putting giant banners in the windows, our upper management changes every two years, we don't carry industry current colors, and we wonder why we have problems ?
    When the previous VP was here , we had more of a balance between work and life balance, Now, if you have an outlet for Thanksgiving, and you are a DM, be prepared to work Thanksgiving day, and black Friday. It would be great if we could be trusted to set our teams up for success and take our Holiday's off instead of getting calls and emails and not having any balance. I check my business every day, but I also trust my people to do what I have trained them to do on my days off. We cannot work 24-7 and be good for our districts. In addition, don't try to do a store visit and not be distracted by your blackberry. You need to be able to be reached by email every second of the day. Even though our RD and the whole company, has our schedule.

Advice to Management

Stop hammering the DM's and stores about the business. We feel bad enough already. Look at the bigger issues, and realize we need to grow the brand. Set realistic sales goals, look at the over saturation in each market, and stop the turnover, when there are more serious issues.

2. Menial

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Bare Escentuals

Pros

Easy to start, easy hire (just be presentable and clean)

Cons

Nowhere much to grow, very small store, they liked me but I could have done so much more for them than what they were able to offer

Advice to Management

Nothing comes to mind right now but generally being a bigger store would have helped because it would offer opportunities for growth