Bare Escentuals

www.bareescentuals.com

The best job I've ever had.

Former Employee - Beauty Ambassador  in  Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Beauty Ambassador in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Friendly environment, great teams, wonderful company to work for, fair work environment, definitely one of the most fun places to work.

Cons

I found that there weren't many downsides to working with this company, perhaps more gratis could be given out. That would make it more awesome.

Leadership at bare Escentuals, from my experience, is carefully selected to make sure that all of the boutiques represent the girlfriend experience, even with its employees.

Other reviews for Bare Escentuals

Great Brand, Not so great place to work

Current Employee - Field  in  Midwest City, OK
    Current Employee - Field in Midwest City, OK

Pros

The product and the customers are amazing. I enjoy training and developing the amazing people I work with. There is so much opportunity for greatness within the company, we just lack the direction to get there.

Cons

If every district , region and the company is not making sales plan, and traffic is down, why are we tearing apart our teams? The issue is bigger than the stores. We have a ralley call every week, there are not enough conference calls in the world to get us to make our numbers, Let's stop all the calls to motivate business, and start making changes, Give us better looking stores, and give us a clearer identity on what we stand for. The stores are a mess, visually. None of them look alike, and we don't look professional. We block our artistry by putting giant banners in the windows, our upper management changes every two years, we don't carry industry current colors, and we wonder why we have problems ?
    When the previous VP was here , we had more of a balance between work and life balance, Now, if you have an outlet for Thanksgiving, and you are a DM, be prepared to work Thanksgiving day, and black Friday. It would be great if we could be trusted to set our teams up for success and take our Holiday's off instead of getting calls and emails and not having any balance. I check my business every day, but I also trust my people to do what I have trained them to do on my days off. We cannot work 24-7 and be good for our districts. In addition, don't try to do a store visit and not be distracted by your blackberry. You need to be able to be reached by email every second of the day. Even though our RD and the whole company, has our schedule.

Stop hammering the DM's and stores about the business. We feel bad enough already. Look at the bigger issues, and realize we need to grow the brand. Set realistic sales goals, look at the over saturation in each market, and stop the turnover, when there are more serious issues.

A great place to work.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in New Orleans, LA

Pros

The associates are all great. Management is really great about keeping us informed and motivated. The company is really great about PTO and also making sure you take your breaks and lunchs away from the store so you have a rest period during your shift.

Cons

With the economy being down the sales goals are hard to reach. This puts pressure on the managers and the staff . They want us to have a fun environment while at work, but its been very stressful trying to make the goals.

They tell us not instill fear in our associates to get them motivated or to micro manage, but they turn around and do this to their management team. They need to lead by example.

There are newer employer reviews for Bare Escentuals.

Worked for Bare Escentuals? Contribute to the Community!